this isn't me

a/n *if you have forgotten what the story is about, please read the last chap., some things may have went down ;)

*Mariama*

I looked down at my feet ashamed, here I am again, same old situation. Why do I always do this to myself. I'm literally half naked, a bruise on my cheek, and I'm in the washroom with a man. I'm not playing this game with myself anymore. I walked towards the door and he stood in front of me.

I continued looking down at my feet with my arms crossed. " I really don't want to do this, Zayn, please move". I softly insisted. I could feel him look down on me and he moved to the side. I nearly ran out the washroom but paused when I heard him blurt my name. I spun around.

" The least you could let me do for you is take you home". He pleaded with desperation in his eyes.

"Please", he added.

I stood in my place, hoping that he would get the hint. I am no place to interrupt Layla and her fun, I'll just send her a text message when I get home. Zayn offered me his hoodie and i took it without no hesitation, I was freezing, he then rushed out the washroom and led the way to leave this awful hell-hole.

We walked out the party and headed to his car and he wasted no time to getting on the road. The party and my house is pretty far, so this is going to be a drive.

I stared blankly into the the half-opened window getting lost into the dark black sky with miniature stars glistening. I allowed my brain to go empty, to acknowledge and feel the cold breeze blowing to my face, my hair strands dancing lightly. I want all my feelings to be bygones just for this moment. My eyes started getting heavy and I can feel myself being drifted off to sleep, and that I did.

I was awoken by a soft shake to my shoulder and first thing I saw was my house in front of me. Alhamdulliah, my parents were both working a night-shift and Malik(hopefully) asleep. I turned my phone and it was 3:27 a.m. I texted Layla letting her know I was home safe.

" So...here's the spot." Zayn said parking his car.

I didn't respond to him, I was too numb to.

He moved a little closer causing myself to shift away a little.

" Listen Mariama, I'm so sorry for what had happened tonight, no guy should ever have to lay his hand on a girl, and in my book, that is no man at all." He consoled. I looked up at him and his eyebrows furrowed a little bit, not in anger, but not in sadness either. He immediately looked down and I did the same.

"Thank you for the ride Zayn, goodnight." I stepped out his car and nearly ran into my house, there was no way my brother would see me in this outfit and getting out of a guy's car. I locked the house door and rushed upstairs to my room.

I honestly have no emotions right now, I don't know what to think or what to feel of this moment. I went to my washroom,removed my makeup and removed my party clothing and threw it to the ground and slipped on a baati. I put my hair into a bun and made wudu.

There was no prayers to pray right now but I wanted to, the only thing I wanted to do was ask Allah for forgiveness. Him to forgive me for dating Mohamed, me going to the party, me forgetting my morals and who am I, as a muslim. From this day on, it's no one but me I am going to me focusing on because I have forgotten who I am as a person, and that person was much happier then this one who's just coming home around 3 a.m from a party. The old Mariama would probably be getting lost in a book, binge-watching Netflix, or crying to some Hindi flicks, and that's the Mariama I miss. And In Shaa Allah, the Mariama I want to get back too. These past few months of my life really took a toll on me and almost made me forget who I was. I prayed my 2 raka and just dozed off to sleep.