CHAPTER TWO

-HER STRIPED SWEATER-

I WAS CALMER when I got off the bus. My sister was giving me worried looks but I couldn't speak without bursting into tears. So, I left explaining things to after school.

I texted her I'd talk to her later and I asked her not to tell mom about it.

"Are you feeling better? We can skip first period if you need to." Melanie asked and I gave her a smile.

"Thanks, but, I'm feeling better, I want to see who Ms. Cunninghem is any way." I tried changing the topic but Melanie and Heraa gave me the look, where they tilt their head as if asking I was sure.

"I'm fine, okay," That was the biggest lie I have ever said that day.

"Okay, well we don't have classes with you until third period, so we'll find you after class, okay?" I nodded at Heraa with a smile.

When I walked into Ms. Cunninghem's classroom my eyes connected to eyes I haven't seen in two years.

"Jade?"

"Brady?"

My eyes started to water as I walked up to her. She was wearing my sweater.

She walked up to me and hugged me, her arms hooking under my arms, when my arms swung around her shoulder blades.

"Has it really been two years? You look so good!" Jade smiled at me as she looked at my face, and I looked at hers.

"You look really cute in my sweater." I smiled and she laughed.

"Do you still have the bracelet?" She asked and I rolled up my sleeve to show her. It was a bracelet I still kept wearing because having it off felt weird. It had tiny blue beads and and puppy charm Jade had picked out. Her's was green and I picked a yellow flower charm to put on her's.

"Okay, okay, summer seems like a long time but class is two minutes from starting please take a seat." Ms. Cunninghem was very small, but young. I was 5'6 and she seemed to only be 5 feet tall, with blonde hair and really innocent brown eyes.

"You're Ms. Cunninghem?" I asked with a small smile and she crossed her arms looking up at me.

"Yes, now please have a seat."My smile vanished and my hands raised up.

"I-I didn't mean to offend you," I tried and she nodded.

"You still have anxiety?" Jade asked and I laughed bitterly.

"It doesn't just go away Jade, I had the worst panic attack this morning because of-"

"Because of what?" My throat started to close up, now I was starting to think I was allergic to him.

"Zach. Get. Away from me." I turned around to see him with a guy about 6'2 dark brown hair and with strong arms.

I backed away when I saw the new guy.

"What did I even do?" He asked with a smirk and my heart started beating fast.

His eyes told me to shut up, but I wanted to speak up.