Chapter Nine: Relapse

A/N

Me again. The song attached to this chapter means a lot to me, and it really sets the mood for what happens. Aite, that's all.

~

I feel terrible for making Sidon worry. That's one of the only thoughts that has been going through my head ever since the incident under the Blood Moon, as though I haven't yet awoken to the larger picture. There's a piece of Ganon festering within me, taking every chance it can get to force me to my death. Why am I not more worried by that? Perhaps Sidon is beginning to mean just that much to me, else I would be focusing all thoughts and time into getting this curse to lift. If it can even be dubbed as a curse.

Curse would imply that there is no way out- it implies failure. That you're giving up, and giving in. But I refuse. I can't allow a fear to possess me and give this darkness the exact emotion it's craving. To kill a creature, you must starve it. Rid oneself of negativity, and attempt a more pleasant reality. That's why my thoughts are turning to Sidon. The very image of him brings me comfort and light, something the fragments clinging to me revile.

"Link? Prince Sidon is asking for you. He seems terribly worried." Zelda. Through all of this, I feel as though I've merely pushed her to the back of my head. Her features appear sunken, almost hollow, and I fear there's nothing I'm able to do to help her. She's anxious about these marks, especially after the news I relayed to her upon waking up. She knows it's Ganon, and the concept of him still existing, after all of her work to destroy his being, is slowly crushing her.

So I do what any friend would do in this situation. I gently wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a warm embrace in an attempt to enforce some sort of positivity. We could both do with such a luxury at a time like this. "I must really be losing my composure," she finally chuckles, though all light has evaporated from her tone. Instead, her voice cracks and wavers, an anomaly that only makes sense when I feel dampness against my chest. Tears soaking through my tunic. "I am afraid, Link. I am very afraid."

"I know." That's all I can say. Out of the multitude of words I could have chosen, those are the only ones to tumble from my lips. Because it's familiar to her. I was never one for talking, even when I began to get progressively more comfortable around her. She needs to know that nothing has changed, and that it's still me through and through. For all Zelda knows, Ganon is possessing me more and more every day.

"Still as blunt as ever, I see. Perhaps things aren't as grim as they once seemed," she whispers, once again bearing no humour. This is causing her so much pain, so I suppose that's just more of an incentive to fight back. Ganon plagued us for over a hundred years. He took away everything we loved, everyone we cherished. We were the only ones left alive in a horrid war that we so desperately fought to win. And, even then, we failed. He still exists.

Ganon exists within me.

And, better yet, it would be so easy to kill her in this exact moment. A dagger through her back, and she'd drop dead at my feet. I could dance in her blood. And then they would kill me for the heathen I am! Wouldn't that be exquisite?

With a sharp gasp, my eyes flying open to double their size, I suddenly stumble away from Zelda, skin pale as snow. Not again. Please, don't take my mind again. "Link?" She hums, advancing closer, only prompting me to stagger back. I can't be near her. Not in such a state. "Link, what is it?" Zelda grabs my hand nonetheless, unable to see how close I am to bolting. Let go. Please, princess, leave me!

"I want-... He wants me to kill you. I can hear him i-in my head. He speaks as though he's me, but he isn't me!" I cry, all composure beginning to melt away. My hands start to tremble, and my knees decline to the point of water. Before I can collapse, however, Zelda pulls me close, wrapping a supportive arm around me. "Why is this happening to me? I don't understand."

"I don't know. But we will solve this, I promise you," the blonde beauty ensures, though I hear the doubt in her tone. The solid fear rippling through her voice. She isn't so sure, and I can't say I blame her even a shred. I want to have faith, but at this point, hope seems to be a vague force. I'm falling into his grip, and I have no idea how to catch myself before it's too late.

And then my hope appears, standing in the archway before Zelda and I. Without hesitation, Sidon rushes over, worry immediately filling those golden irises of his. They're always so settling. Even in this moment of complete panic, I simply fix my gaze to them and refuse to let it falter. Despite the action blocking out each utterance Zelda and Sidon exchange.

"I'll take him somewhere calming. It may be best for him." Those are the words that pluck me back into the realm of reality, my cerulean irises glancing around for a brief moment before fixing with Sidon's features. Why do they both look so frightened of me? I thought, at the least, Sidon would have faith. Maybe he does. Maybe he still believes in me. If he does, I would be astounded.

"Where will you go?"

"I know a place. Perhaps the same environment is far too crushing for him," he suggests, turning his gaze my way. Before I can protest, I'm pressed close to his chest as he cradles me, heading towards where Zelda and I left the horses before arriving. We're... Leaving the domain? For some reason, I can't even bring myself to object. I simply close my eyes and allow consciousness to abandon me completely. I have to fix things.

Because he still believes in me.

~

A/N

So I know I said there would be fluff, and I guess there kinda is in this chapter, but don't worry, things are going to really pick up now Link and Sidon are going off alone. Hehehehe.

Also I'm sorry it took a while, a lot is going on in my life, so updating is hard. It's difficult to get the motivation to write when I'm so stressed ^^'

Anyhoo, I'm excited for next chapter, so...

Until next time n.n