Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

(3) "I'm not famous."

D A L L A S

"...and in other news, we briefly spoke to the newest Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Drayton Lahey, who was drafted in April. He was attending the lakeside gala with former NFL Star and Father, Leroy Lahey. His fiancée Dallas Bryan wasn't in attendance, but Drayton had this to say..."

The screen changes to a scenic, lavish, outdoor looking event where Drayton had been two days ago. The background is prim green fields and a gorgeous flat lake. He looks so damn delectable in his suit and tie, standing beside the middle-aged interviewer who's clad with a microphone.

"Dallas is actually working on a music video at the moment. She's choreographing for a Rita Ora video. Which is like, a huge deal for her. She loves Rita Ora and she's super pumped for it."

"So do you think it'll be hard with the upcoming season now that you'll be living in Texas? Will your fiancée be going with you or. . . how will that work?"

The woman aims the microphone back in Drayton's direction and he looks thoughtful for a moment, focused on the ground beneath him while the interviewer waits for his response.

"Um no, Dallas is staying in California. Her work is here and it's only a few months out of the year. I'll come home as often as possible of course and the rest will work itself out."

"How about the wedding plans. Have you set a date yet? There's a lot of girls out there that are devastated to know that you're off the market."

Dray chuckles, rubbing his jaw with a distant gaze. I almost want to roll my eyes at his modesty. Girls have been obsessing over him since school.

"The date is a secret. I'm under strict instruction not to let that slip. But um yeah. As for the ladies. Keep being disappointed. I'll never be available again." He looks into the camera with a shrug and a smile that makes me weak. And no doubt every other female that's watching him.

It's sort of a surreal feeling to know that there are hundreds of random women out there who have fantasised about my man. It's natural to do when someone's in the spotlight, but it's still strange.

I lean back into the cream leather couch and grin at the television, taking a moment to feel grateful that such a stud is so in love with me and so open about it. He's done a few of these interviews since he was drafted a couple of months ago and every time, he makes an effort to brag about me in one way or another.

"Morning," Spencer's voice echoes from the staircase and when I glance over the back of the couch, I spot her strutting down the timber stairs in her shorts and tank top, pulling her long brown curls into a bun.

"Hey." I aim the remote at the television and switch it off, making space for her to sit down beside me. "How'd you sleep?"

"So good." She leans back against the couch and lets her head roll towards me with a blissful expression. "Two weeks in that bed and I'll feel like a new woman."

"Well I'd hope so." I laugh, pulling my feet under my bum. The morning sun streams through the floor-to-ceiling windows and I gaze past Spencer's shoulder at the waves that roll onto the shore. "The bed sure cost enough. I'd like to think that it came with healing powers."

"Well, you're like, famous now."

"I'm not famous." I roll my eyes at the statement that she's hit me with time and time again.

I am blessed though. A few months back I'd done some backup dancing for a performance in Hollywood. I'd spoken up a couple of times and suggested certain steps and moves that would better suit the dance. Little did I know, Rita Ora was collaborating with another performer and had been so impressed with the routine that she'd hired me to direct her latest video. She said she loved the dance style and while I'd never thought of choreography as a possible career path, so far, I'm loving it. We just finished yesterday in time for Spencer's arrival and I can't wait to see it air on television. I've already had a few more emails from people wanting to hire me. It's a bit surreal.