Chapter 3

~Sebastian~

   Last night, after playing stupid games and gossiping like fourteen year old girls, we all went to bed at around 1:30 a.m. The girls all slept on the same couch, snuggling like their lives depended on it. Holy cow, that looked uncomfortable.

   "Everybody wants to steal my girl, everybody wants to take her heart away," sang giggling voices, waking the twins and I from slumber.

   "The hell is that?" asked a groggy Luke.

   "Let's go see," I chuckle, tapping Lyall lightly with my foot on my way to the stairs. "Shall we?"

   As we climb the steps, the girly pop music only gets louder. Girlish yelps and giggles come from the kitchen. I stand in the doorway and observe the most amazing sight ever.

   Mandy stands at the table, setting down plates and silverware. Sid rocks back and forth to the music, making scrambled eggs. My fifteen year old sister, Lillian, concentrates on cutting strawberries at the counter. Jaz stands faithfully by my mom, making pancakes.

   "Hot damn," Luke remarks, obviously on the same page as me.

   "Right where women belong, in a kitchen," I say playfully. My "inner sexist asshole", as Jaz would say, couldn't help it.

   "Say something like that again and I'll..," Lillian starts, but is cut off by our mother.

   "Both of you hush! Boys sit down at the table, breakfast is just about done," she waves her hand and we follow it to the table. 

   When the pancakes are finished Jaz plops down between me and Sid. Across the table Lyall sits with Luke on his left and Mandy on his right. I look around at the happy, wide-awake faces of the girls, and the tiered, sleepless faces of the twins. I crack a grin and grab a pancake.

   "Did you poison the pancakes, Jaz-man?" I ask, earning a limp whack on the arm.

   "Shut up, asshat," she grins and takes one herself.

"Hey guys, want to go see a movie after breakfast?" Sid asks.

   "You only want to go cause you know that Bethany works today," I tease. Lately Sid can't stop blabbering about this tall, freckled, red - head, and honestly, I'm bored of it.

   "That's only, like, half true. The other reason is because I wanna see the new Pitch Perfect movie," Sid pouts, shoving a huge bite of pancake into her mouth.

   "Ah yes, hot women that can sing. I'm in, but I need a shower," Jaz looks at me and bats her lashes.

   "You know where the towels are,"  I sigh and stand, gathering plates from the gang.

   "EVERYBODY SHUT UP, I LOVE THIS SONG!" Mandy squeals. I knew she was being too quiet.

   "Sorry, but I'll be taking my phone and speaker into the bathroom with me, Mandy," Jaz pauses the music, and struts out of the room to shower.

   "I'm coming in there too! She Looks So Perfect is the greatest song ever!" Mandy yells, running after her.

~time skip to after the movie~

   "Wonder what Sid thought of the movie," Lyall says.

   "We might not know, but I'm sure Bethany does," Luke grins, pointing in the direction of the concession stand.

   "So this is your natural hair color?" Sid flirts.

   "Yeah it is. I thought about changing it though," Bethany replies.

   "Omg, no way. You're gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing," Sid giggles.

   "Wow, you are so sweet! Do you want to grab a bite to eat after my shift? Here's my number," Bethany scribbles on a piece of paper, than hands it to Sid. 

   "Cool, I'll text you at like, five," Sid winks then walks over to join us. "Check it out bitches!"