Chapter 5

~Jaz~

   After my shift ended, I told Sabby that I would meet him at his house and we drove off seperately. Me to my house for an overnight bag, and him to his.

   "I just need clothes and shit so don't talk to me," I snap at Adam as I pass in front of the TV.

   "It's a school night bitch. Who's house are you spending the night at?" Adam asks. So much for "don't talk to me."

   "Sabatian's."

   "That kid doesn't like me. I don't get it."

   "Probably cause you're an ass?"

   "Nah, that's not it. He likes you and you're a bitch."

   I roll my eyes and head upstairs. Once in my room, I throw a t-shirt, skinny jeans, socks, my tooth brush, and hair brush into a bag. I change into pajamas and throw a hoodie over top of my pj top. I throw on some ugg boots with my sweatpants and head out the door, ignoring my brothers nasty insults.

~Sab~

   Once her shift ended, Jaz and I took off. While she packed some over night stuff, I made hot chocolate and set up a blanket fort. I got all her favorite snacks and movies around.  Lils told me to get Jaz a heating pad too. God, the things I do for her. 

   "I'm hear. Let the joy commence!" A shout rings out through the house and I race upstairs to find Lils tightly wrapped around Jaz.

   "God, we need to hang out," she says, squeezing Jaz tighter, if possible.

   "Definitly," Jaz agrees, then looks up at me. "But tonight I'm here for the boy who promised candy and Patrick Swayze."

   "We watched Dirty Dancing last weekend, so I was thinking The Outsiders," I smile and unwrap my sister from Jaz.

   "Sounds great!" Jaz says, rubbing her eyes.

   We go down to the basement and I put in the movie. After settling down in comfortable spots in the fort, I press play and watch as the opening credits roll onto the screen.

   We spend hours talking, laughing, eating and watching. We talked about everything under the sun, we ate so much chocolate I could explode, and we watched so. Many. Chick flicks. Movies like The Notebook, Grease, and Heathers.

   "'Fuck me gently with a chainsaw' is like, the best movie quote ever," Jaz yawns.

   "I agree, 100%," I smile. Jaz is basically passed out on the floor bedside me, trying not to fall asleep.

   "Will you curl my hair tomorrow?" She asks in a daze.

   "Only if you curly mine," I chuckle. It's supposed to be a joke, but God she looks excited.

   "OMGOMGOMG CAN I PLEASE? SERIOUSLY CAN. I. PLEASE?" She squeals and I cover my ears.

   "Shhhhhh!!! Don't wake anybody up, Christ almighty," I sigh. 

   "yayyayyayyay!" She whisper shouts. 

   "If it looks bad I'm not going to school," I warn. One time she straightened my hair, and it looked so bad, I didn't leave the house that whole weekend. 

   "Deal. Can I do your make up too? Nothing fancy. Eyeliner, mascara, and maybe some lip gloss. That's it," she begs, making me give into her puppy dog eyes.

   "Okay fine. But no lip gloss. I have a reputation you know," I yawn and stretch my arms. 

   "Yeppers, capin," she giggles. 

   "Okay, I think it's time for you to go to bed." 

   "Its so early though!"

   "It's midnight on a Monday. Go to bed."

   "Okay," she whines. She snuggles up next to me and nuzzles her head up to my neck, her arms wrap around my stomach. Her ebony black hair spirals around her face, framing it like a painting by Picasso. I look down at her to enjoy the moment, and suddenly realize something off.

   "Is that my hoodie?" 

   "Nooooo."

   "Sure it isn't." I say. As I'm dozing off, almost asleep, I hear a soft mumble.

   "I'm keeping it."