Ch. 14: Hogsmeade

"Kiara Malfoy."

Chapter 14: Hogsmeade

The school week passed with a blur since Kiara woke up from her coma. Even after missing two weeks of her OWL studies, she managed to catch up on her missed school work with the obvious help of Hermione. Fortunately, she hadn't missed any significant events, except that Umbridge was becoming increasingly worse with the Ministry's goal to seize complete and total dystopian control over Hogwarts. There were new and formal posters plastered over the walls and news boards around the school. They were decrees which were new rules for the students and teachers to follow strictly, signed by the Minister of Magic.

Today, however, a group of students, including Kiara, were having their first proper Defence Against the Dark Arts meeting. Hermione came up with the idea that Harry was going to teach anyone who was interested how to defend themselves, considering that Umbridge wasn't going to.

Kiara dressed warmly for Hogsmeade that morning, wearing a white knit with grey pants, a cream beanie, a peach scarf and a pair of boots. Winter arrived earlier than normal this year with a fresh blanket of snow covering the Hogwarts grounds.

"Ready?" Hermione called out.

"Sure am," Kiara nodded, walking down with her to the Gryffindor Common Room. Harry and Ron were waiting in the common room waiting for the two girls

"Hogsmeade today?" Kiara reminded them and Harry nodded, looking like he wished that it would be any other day.

"Of course, are you meeting us at the Three Broomsticks?" Harry asked.

"Oh - no," Hermione quickly said before Kiara could reply. "No, it's always packed and really noisy. I've told Kiara and the others to meet us in the Hog's Head, that other pub, you know the one, it's not on the main road. I think it's a bit... You know... Dodgy... But, students don't normally go in there, so I don't think we'll be overheard."

Kiara shrugged at Harry. She never went to the Hogs Head in the past but Hermione made it seem as if it wasn't as inviting and friendly as the Three Broomsticks. She mentioned not to use their toilets.

Suddenly, a pair of arms lifted Kiara up into the air from her waist and threw her over their shoulder. She gasped in surprise but she didn't panic. For a brief moment, she caught a glimpse of two identical red heads and a boy with dreadlocks.

"Fred! George! Lee!" Kiara cried, pounding Fred's back with her fist. The boys merely laughed in response.

"You promised to come to Hogsmeade with us," George exclaimed happily.

"I did, but after breakfast."

"Too late," Lee replied as Fred carried her down to the Entrance Hall, her body swaying up and down over Fred's shoulder. Looking up, she saw Hermione, Harry and Ron frozen in the distance with shock as they watched her depart. Kiara wasn't at all surprised, she was accustomed to the twin's antics. "See you later," Kiara called out, waving at the trio.

"Did you at least bring me any food?" Kiara asked George and Lee impatiently who both rolled their eyes.

"Of course, we did," George said, pulling out a blueberry muffin from his pocket of his jacket.

"Thank Merlin! Fred, can you put me down so I can eat my breakfast?"

"Fine," He sighed, placing her gently back to the ground. They quickly signed their names off with Filch who was supervising at the oak doors. He glared at their group.

"No trouble from you four," He warned, causing Fred and George laughed.

"When do we ever cause trouble?"