Ch. 17: Emotions on a Rainbow

"Kiara Malfoy."

Chapter 17: Emotions On A Rainbow

Kiara's eyes fluttered open as she woke with a start the next day after the D.A's meeting. The other girls were still sleeping in her dormitory, which meant that she could have the first opportunity to use the shower in the morning. Silently, she slipped out of bed and grabbed her school robes, tiptoeing to the bathroom.

Once finished in the shower, she dried herself and put on her robes. Using her wand, she tapped her hair with a helpful spell she taught herself in her second-year and it immediately fell into curls. She smiled contently, hoping that she could have a good day today. She waved her wand and the steam cleared from the mirror. But, what she saw made a loud scream slip out of her lips as her hands flew to her eyes.

"What's happening?" Someone yelled. Footsteps rushed to the bathroom.

"Who screamed?" A girl called from below as Kiara collapsed to the floor in disbelief, ignoring the pain that shot through her knees.

"Kiara!" Hermione cried, from outside the door. "Oh, move over! Alohomora!"

The lock clicked and the door swung open, revealing Hermione who gasped as Kiara looked up. "Kiara... Your eyes," Hermione stammered, her eyes widening as she looked into hers.

"I know," Kiara whispered shakily, looking back into the mirror. Her reflection showed how scared and terrified she was. The irises of her eye weren't its usual sparkling blue. Instead, they were a ghostly, white. "It's not Fred and George, right? There isn't any sort of pranks that could do this."

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore," Hermione finally managed to say. Kiara followed her to the Common Room where boys and girls alike, some in their pyjamas, were looking for the source of the scream. It reminded Kiara of the time that Ron woke everyone in Gryffindor Tower when Sirius Black broke into his dormitory. Immediately, she felt the burning stare from everyone around her as they all noticed the whites of her eyes.

"Kiara...What happened?" Someone gasped in surprise.

"I don't know," Kiara managed to choke out, trying not to burst into tears in fear. Whispers began to rustle around the room. She mentally pleaded for someone to jump to her side and pull her away from this unwanted attention to comfort her.

"Miss Malfoy!" Fred's familiar voice yelled from the back of the crowd. Kiara's heart skipped a beat as he pushed his way through the crowd roughly. He didn't hesitate, he pulled her into his arms tightly.

"Fred," Kiara cried, hugging him back. She buried her face in his chest, feeling calmer at his touch. "What's happening to me, Fred?"

"I don't know but I'm going to fix it for you," Fred whispered in her ear. His words were comforting and soothing, they made her feel safe and calm in his arms.

"Wait, Kiara. Your eyes are changing, again," Hermione said softly, watching their exchange with wide eyes. Kiara pulled away from Fred regretfully, feeling the absence of his warmth.

"What?"

"They're dark blue now."

"I have to see Dumbledore now. Hermione, can you get rid of all these people while Fred comes with me to see Dumbledore?" Kiara asked her, remembering that she was a Prefect and she nodded.

"And, don't forget Thing Two," George exclaimed, appearing behind Fred. Kiara laughed loudly at his entrance.

"They're turning yellow now."

"Keep telling me when they change on the way to Dumbledore's Office," Kiara asked the twins as they began walking to the Headmaster's Office. "What colour are they now?" She asked, turning to Fred and George when they arrived at Dumbledore's office. They looked at her eyes in surprise.