Keeping Promises

"Emily FUCKING Fields!!"

Three heads whipped around in the direction of the voice. The brunette swimmer frowned as she heard the anger and desperation in the voice of her best friend. What had she done now? She's been so focused on her upcoming meet that she'd barely hung out with her besties. But, especially Ali. They normally hung out after practice everyday until it was time to go home. And Saturdays... well. If all of the girls weren't together, then Em and Ali certainly were.

Surely, Ali understands how important this meet is, right? Emily missed her greatly but she understood that Alison is her weakness. She'll do anything to make the blonde happy. Her happiness depended on a happy Ali. Which is why she is especially troubled by the distressed look on the Queen Bee's face.

"Holy shit Em! What have you done?" said Hanna.
The swimmer grimaced. " I haven't done anything. I've just been busy!"
Spencer looked at her. "Better come harder than that Em. She looks pissed."
"Umm, I gotta go talk to Ezra about... Umm, his brother! Yeah. Bye!"
Hanna stared at her back before snickering. "Ok. She needs to calm down. Why the hell is she so scared of Ali?"

The blonde in question stepped up to the group and stopped in front of Emily. Looking into chocolate brown eyes, Ali's anger seemed to kick up a notch. To say she was livid was an understatement. She'd been with some of her older friends when the conversation turned to Emily.

"Oh my God. Emily Fields is so fucking hot!"
Ali smirked at Dean, the captain of the football team. "Calm your shit Dean. You're too old for her."
"I've got like a month before I turn 18," said Dean. "Enough time to change her life, one stroke at a time."
"The only stroking you'll be doing Dean," smirked Ali. "Is up and down on your own disgusting ass."

The group released a bunch of "oohhs" before they burst out in laughter. Dean shook his head at Ali, not one bit offended by her comments. He knew Alison would snap back at him. Ali didn't play when it came to her Mermaid. Bobby leaned against the table like he had a big secret.

"I heard that she's a really good time, if you know what I mean," Bobby said, quirking his eyebrows.
Ali glared at him. "What the fuck are you talking about?"
"That kid Ben has been telling everyone that he hit."

That was what sent the blonde into a major bitch fit. She growled, startling the group around her. Her friend CeCe Drake saw the look on her face and raised an eyebrow. She's the only one who knows about Ali being secretly in love with her favorite best friend.

"Whoa Als, take it easy will you?"
"I will fucking destroy him!"

She stormed off from the group, CeCe hot on her tail. CeCe was a Senior but she had no problem hanging out with the freshman blonde. Alison was like a little sister to her. She'd met her while dating Ali's brother Jason. They'd hit it off, talking about fashion and makeup. Even though CeCe was no longer with Jason, her and Ali remained close.

"Ali, wait up!"
Ali stopped walking, having made it to her locker. "I am going to kill that prick!"
CeCe looked at her. "Do you really think Americano would fuck him?"

CeCe came up with the nickname for Emily about a year ago. The group of girls would come into The Brew where CeCe works after school sometime and Emily would always order an Americano and a muffin. She'd grown quite fond of the tanned beauty because Emily had the type of personality that made people love her. Sweet, shy, smart, humble with a great sense of humor. She's an amazing package.

"Ugh! If it's true, I'm going to skin Em alive!" said Ali. "No wonder she hasn't been spending time with me. She's too busy with her dumb ass boyfriend!"
"The green monster is taking over Ali," CeCe said with a smirk on her face.
"Shut up CeCe!" Ali snapped.
"Look, don't take your shit out on me," CeCe snapped back. "Your boo thang is right over there."