The Parenting Project Pt. 2

Toby looks around the table. Alison is unusually quiet while Emily is strangely talkative. His best female friend has been yapping nonstop since they all sat down for lunch. Alison is violently stabbing at her salad. Spencer gently takes the fork out of her hand.

"Okay, Ali, quit it," Spencer says. "Stab the salad anymore and I'm calling Crime Stoppers."
"What's going on?" asks Toby.

Just as Hanna goes to say something, her baby begins to cry. Spencer visibly relaxes because the last thing she wants to do is break up a fight between her two blonde friends. Pretty soon, Jenna walks up to the girls.

"Hanna... what's wrong with the baby?" asks Jenna.
"Well, I don't know Jenna. It's crying for one."
"I can hear, Hanna. It's my eyes that were taken from me."
"Don't be such a bit-,"
"What Hanna means, Jenna, is that she's working on it," says Aria.
"She better. I refuse to fail because of her."

She walks away and Hanna growls. After rocking the doll and putting the pretend bottle in it's mouth for a few seconds, the doll stops crying. The group go back to eating in silence when Maya St. Germain walks up to their table.

The girls look on in shock and suspicious while Emily shrinks in her seat, next to Hanna.

"Hi Em."
Emily looks at Ali before clearing her throat and smiling. "Hi Maya."
"So, I know you probably have practice this afternoon so I wanted to see when I could pick up Tricia."
"Tricia?" Hanna asks.
"Yeah. The name of our babygirl."
"UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!"

Ali gets up and walks away from the table. Emily groans before getting up. She turns to Maya.

"Ummm, meet me by the gym after last period?"
"Sounds good. See you later."

Meanwhile the girls followed behind Ali. She's stomping down the hallway, causing everyone to jump out of her way. Aria touches her shoulder and the blonde whirls around with flashing eyes.

"WHAT?!"
"Come on Ali," huffs Hanna. "You can't possibly be mad at Em. She had nothing to do with picking her partner!"
"But she kept it from me! She should have told me!"
"Honestly though Ali," says Spencer. "She was probably scared that you'd blow up like this."
"Ugh! It's not fair," Ali says, crossing her arms.
Aria begins to smile. "Awwww, this is so cute. You're jealous cause you wanted to be Em's partner."
"I am her partner. In all instances."
"It'll be over in a week Ali."
"Well, since Bungle-shit wants us to have real life experiences," Ali smirks. "I just going to have to switch up her assignment."
Hanna looked at her skeptically. "Ali, what are you going to do?"
"Watch and learn ladies."

*After School*

Ali walks into the natatorium, looking for her girlfriend. She sees Maya instead and rolls her eyes. She then hears a bunch of people talking and Emily comes into view. Her breath catches in her throat. Emily has pulled her hair into a ponytail and has her one piece swimsuit on. But she's also wearing her windbreaker Rosewood pants on. At first Emily didn't see Ali so she walked up to Mya.

"Hi, this is the bag and the paper for our project," Emily says handing her the bag.
Ali steps up to them. "Actually," she gives a fake smile to Maya. "As step-parent, I'll willing to offer my services."
"Step-parent?" asks a confused Emily.
"Yes. Maya, why don't you go home and... relax?"
"Don't you have a baby of your own, Alison?"
"Yes but he's spending the night with Toby. So I'm free to help out."
"Well honestly Ali, Em's had the baby all day. I can take her tonight. But we might take you up on your offer later."

Maya walked away with the baby while Emily looked at Ali.

"Step-parent Alison? Really?"
"Yes. You have a girlfriend... therefore any child of yours is a child of mine."
Emily's coach calls her over. "Are you staying?"
"Yes. We can get dinner after."
"Okay," Emily kisses Ali. "I love you."
"I love you too," grins Ali.

Ali texts Toby to make sure everything is good. He texts and tells her that the doll has timed out for the night so he's going to try and sleep while he can. She put away her phone and smiled as Emily swam with the team. She enjoyed watching her jock in action.

After practice, the two talked as they drove to the restaurant. The perk of being best friends and girlfriends is that they never run out of things to talk about. As they pull into the parking lot, Emily's phone dings. She looks at the name and sighs.

"Who is it?" asks Ali.
"Maya," Em signed. "She needs me to get the baby."
"What? Why?"
"She says it keeps going off while she's practicing with her band for a show."
Ali rolled her eyes. "Ugh! She should've taken my offer."
"I'm sorry babe."
All smirks. "Go ahead and get Tricia," she says. "That's what step moms are for."

Alison had a plan that was not only going to put Ms. Bunglesmidt in her place, but also let Maya know who the Queen is.

*The Next Day*

Ali walked down the hallway with a boy doll in one arm and a girl doll in the other. Emily walked on her side, shaking her head with a smirk. Her girlfriend is truly something else. Hanna, Aria and Spencer walked behind the couple amused and anxious to see how this plays out. Maya walked by the group into the classroom, frowning when she notices Tricia in Ali's arms.

"Em," Maya says. "Why is Alison holding Tricia?"
"I'm just being a good stepmother," Ali says.

She walks into the classroom, making sure Ms. Bunglesmidt sees her.

"Alison, why do you have two dolls?"
"Well, Ms. Bunglesmidt," she says innocently. "This project is to help us understand current family life, right?"
"Yes. With the family you were assigned."
"Well sadly Ms. Bunglesmidt, things happen and sometimes, we end up with unique situations. We have blended families as we find the person we were meant to be with," she smiles at the teacher. "And honestly Ms. B... Emily is who I'm meant to be with."
"Awwwww!"

Several girls in the class reacted to Ali's words. She smiled and winked at Emily who rolled her eyes, giggled and blew a kiss at her girlfriend. Ali smiles even harder when she sees the glare Maya sent her way.

Dilaurentis - 1
St. Germain - 0