Alinea; Chapter 1

"Have a nice night!"

"Okay, you too Sarah!" I watched as she walked out the door, and then turned back to the table I was cleaning. It was my turn to close, and it was only ten minutes till closing. I continued to wipe the tables. Then, I heard the door chimes. 

"Sorry, we're closed!" I shouted not looking up from my closing tasks, I was already busy enough. Besides, what kind of asshole comes in ten minutes before closing?

"Your door says you close at ten o'clock, it's nine fifty-one. "

The voice sent shivers down my spine, I looked towards the door to see the most handsome man I've ever seen. His brown hair was gelled in a weird fashion but looked amazing on him. His eyes were the bluest blue I've ever seen, like the ocean. He looked at me with interest and then slowly walked to the corner booth.

"I guess I'll be right with you then." I rolled my eyes and finished wiping down the table I was working on. I slowly tucked my towel into my waistband and walked over to where he was sitting.

"What would you like? I'm the only one here so there's no actual food, well obviously because if the chefs are gone then how would anyone cook? I guess what I'm trying to say is that-"

"I'll have a whiskey, neat. And if you could handle putting some ice cream in a bowl, I'll have that too. Unless you need the chefs here to serve ice cream?" He mocked and took out his phone, leaving me standing there looking stupid. I turned around and headed to the kitchen to get his ice cream and whiskey.

How dare he come in here five minutes before closing and then make me look like the idiot? Who did he think he was? Like I said, an asshole. I should spit in his ice cream. Wait, no I shouldn't, that's not smart. I'll fix his stupid whiskey, and get his stupid ice cream, and then he can leave. So the faster I fix this, the faster I can go home. Come on Bexley, you got this. I quickly fixed his order and brought it to the booth.

"Here's your ice cream, and your whiskey, neat." I mocked.

He gave a dry laugh and took a sip of his whiskey. "Is that really how I sound?"

I smiled and gave a small nod.

"Well thank you for making that clear to me....", he trailed, waiting for me to finish.

"Bexley, my name is Bexley." 

"Well, your parents must have been drunk out of their minds." He stated with a smirk.

"Oh wow, very original. You're so funny." I turned to walk back into the kitchen.

"By the way, I'm Nixon."

"I don't care." I said, still walking away.

"I didn't ask if you did." When he said that, I could hear the smile in his voice, and all it did was make me mad. I turned back around and stomped over to his table.

"You can't just walk in here and act like you own me. You can't treat me like this, it's disrespectful!" I stated.

"Last time I checked I can do whatever I want, I'm always right." He pointed to a poster with the phrase 'The customer is always right' with a big smiley face. I stared at the poster silently, it was like the big, yellow face was taunting me.  

However, I need this job, so I turned and went to the back to get his check. As I waited for it to print I glanced over at him. 

You might be super hot but too bad you're a dick.

I walked over and gave him his check, and then got his dirty bowl and cup to take to the back. Once I put them in the sink, I walked back to the seating area. Fully prepared for his smug face and his stupid jokes. I trudged over to the both only to find that he was gone. 

Thank God I don't have to deal with him anymore, I just hope he didn't skip out on the bill. I grabbed the little container that the bill was in and stared in disbelief. Sitting on the tray were five hundred dollar bills. I quickly looked down at the total for his meal. It was only twenty-two dollars. At the bottom of the ticket was a sentence written in sloppy, blue ink. 

If you want more, meet me at Gambino's at ten o'clock tomorrow.

What did he think I was? Some prostitute? I'm definitely not going to meet up with him tomorrow. It's probably a trap, like human trafficking or something. I really shouldn't go. Because going would be really dumb. So it's decided, I'm definitely, definitely not going.

********

Hope ya'll enojoyed chapter 1!