Alinea; Chapter 4

"If we a movie, you'd be the right guy, and I'd be-"

I turned down the volume on the radio and looked at Alex with a confused look.

"Hannah Montana, really?" 

"Hey, she has some bops." Alex said turning the radio back up.

I took his phone and typed in another throwback song.

"I threw a wish in a well, don't ask me I'll never tell."

"Call me maybe? Seriously? " He asked.

"I thought we were doing throwbacks." I said defensively.

He just smiled at me and turned the music up.

"Where you think you're going baby?"

"You can't make fun of me for a song and then sing it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Well sing it with me." He said laughing.

 We sang together the whole way to the boutique. When we got there, the old lady behind the counter immediately recognized Alex.

"Oh, my little Ally, who's this pretty girl?"

"Ms. P this is Bexley, Nixon's girlfriend."

I did an awkward wave and she gave me a warm smile.

"So what can I do for you?" She asked coming from behind the counter to us.

"She needs a dress for an event tonight, and it has to be fancy, like really fancy."

"Oh, I can do that! She looks like a small, I'll check the back and bring something out." After she said that, she disappeared behind a pair of curtains.

"So, its time for you to learn about Nixon."

"Okay I'm ready, do I need to take notes?" I was only halfway joking, I didn't know if I should.

He laughed and shook his head, "No, just remember a few key things that I know his mom is going to ask you about okay?"

"Okay, yeah, yeah I got this I totally got this." 

"Okay so Nixon's mother's name is Laila, she inherited all of her husband's money when he died in shooting a while ago."

"A shooting, that's insane!" I said while sitting down in one of the chairs in the waiting area.

"Yes, but focus. Nixon's mother hates his girlfriends, but luckily you're the exact opposite of all them. You're real and you speak you're mind, she'll love that remember not to change it."

Okay, self-note, be myself. Shouldn't be too hard.

 "When Nixon's mom is quizzing she always asks the same questions. I use the acronym C.R.O.C. This means childhood, recent stuff, opinions, and close relationships." He explained

"I have two pairs of crocs. One white pair, and one ice blue pair. I really want some light pink ones, but-"

"Bexley, focus!" 

"Oh yeah, my bad. Continue."

"Let's start off with childhood. Growing up, Nixon hated oranges, just remember that and throw it into the conversation somewhere it's a nice fact to know. Nixon never got along with his dad because his dad always tried to make him into something he wasn't, so Nixon grew up to resent him. He played football and basketball in high school but was better at football, and he never once got anything lower than a B+ in all his classes."

"Okay, I think I got that. Oranges, daddy issues, sports, smarty-pants. You may continue."

"Next is recent stuff. Nixon's company is doing okay, his mom has a new boyfriend named Charlie, and he got a dog named Boo. Its a really cute Pomeranian."

"The boyfriend or the dog?" I asked.

"Don't be stupid Bex."He rolled his eyes.

"Is that all for recent stuff?"

"Yes moving on to opinions. You might not agree with his political opinions but you have to know them and act as if you do. This is the one part you can't be yourself. He's pro-choice and he wants better gun control. He's pro-choice because his sister had a mandatory abortion when she was 17 and wants gun control for his niece, she's in kindergarten."

"Okay yeah, I got that."

"Last is close relationships. As I said, Nixon hated his dad but he really loved his mom. He also has a sister named Nellie, she's older and went to college on a volleyball scholarship. She had an abortion but got pregnant again and she has one daughter and a husband. Also, there's me, but you know about me."

"And that's all I have to remember? I think I got this!"

Just then the old lady came from the back with about four dresses in her hand, "Sorry it took so long, I don't have a lot of smalls, but I found some."

She handed me the four dresses and led me back to a dressing room connected a little show area, "I'll wait in here." Said Alex. 

I nodded and walked into the dressing room. The four dresses were all beautiful. The first one was black with a slit down the center to show a little bit of cleavage. It was tight and simple floor length gown. I slipped it on walked out to show Alex.

He looked at me and tilted his head to the side, "No black, this is not a funeral. Next!" I sighed and went back to the dressing room, I really liked this one.

The next was a hot pink fluffy gown, I already knew Alex would hate this. I struggled to put it on and zip myself up but it finally worked and I came out of the dressing room into the show area.

"This is not a quinceanera or 1990's prom. Next!"

I went and put on the next dress. It was a royal blue and showed a lot of my boobs, I was kinda uncomfortable. Like the last two times, I went to show Alex.

"What are we going to? A whore house? Next!" I  went back to the dressing room to try on the last dress. It was a deep, dark red, so it matched my hair, and it had a slit up one of the legs and showed the perfect amount of boob.

I love it, let's just hope Alex does too.

I walked out and Alex's face lit up. 

"This is it! This is your dress. Yeah, well get your hair put your hair in a cute little bun and get you some high heels and some jewelry and a little jacket thingy too." He said as he walked over to me.

"You're gonna look beautiful."

He put both of his hands on my shoulders and looked at me. 

He's so much cuter up close.

"Hey kiddies how was everything, did you find one you liked?" He jumped away from me so quick you would think he was th flash.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll take this one."

"Okay, perfect, let me get yall checked out." She walked out and Alex followed her, not even looking back. I sighed and walked back to the dressing room to take off the dress.

********

sorry it took me so long to upload but i'm backkkkk :)