Alinea; Chapter 3

"So you went?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

"This could be big."

"Bex, I just don't think this is safe, are you sure you want to go through with this? A contract is serious shit." Fayre sighed and laid her head on the table.

"Well we aren't all models with huge contracts, and you know why. It would be different if I just wanted to be rich and have money and stuff." Just after I said that Bella walked into the kitchen. She kissed Fayre on the cheek and walked to the fridge.

"Good morning, love. Good morning, Bexley." She grabbed the milk and poured some in a glass from the cabinet. Then she sat next to Fayre on the bar stool.

"No, babe. It's not a good morning."

"Is Bexley still doing that contract thing?" Fayre nodded and gave me an off look.

"Well you know why she's doing it, and she's a grown woman, so if she does do it, there's nothing you can do about it."

"That's what I said!" I yelled exhaustedly. "I'll talk to you after I call him."

She nodded and I got up and walked to my room. I flopped on my bed and picked up the contract. I need this, and the fact that Fayre doesn't understand hurts me, but I know she's just looking out.

I called the number on the front page of the contract and held my breath.

"Maxwell Incorporated Office, who are you calling to speak to?" A perky girl answered on the second ring. This idiot didn't even give me his personal number.

I cleared my throat, "Hi my name is Bexley Williams, I'm calling for Nixon Maxwell." I probably sounded nervous, but I didn't know what else to sound like.

"Oh, let me check his list, please hold." I heard a click and classical music started playing. I rolled my eyes and tapped my fingers to the rhythm.

After a few minutes, a voice came back over the line, "Hello, Mrs. Williams?" It was the same girl.

"Yes, I'm still here."

"Okay, Nixon said you can come over around twelve-thirty, is that okay with you?"

"Yes, that works great."

"Okay, see you then. Do you need an address?"

"Yes, that would be amazing."

She told me an address and by the sound of it, it was downtown. I reassured her that I would be there for twelve-thirty and then I hung up.

Suddenly, I was hit with a terrible migraine.

"Fuck." I got under the covers of my bed and rolled over into a comfortable position. I looked at the time. Nine-forty. I should be able to take a quick nap.

*

"Bexley? Bex? BEX!"

I shot awake and looked around.

"What? What happened? Am I dead?" I said in a daze.

"No, but you are late." Fayre said while motioning to the clock.

It read twelve forty-five.

"Fuck. And it's gonna take me 20 minutes to get there."

"Yeah, you should probably go, like right now."

"But I'm wearing Nike shorts and a t-shirt!" I stated in a whiny voice.

"You're already late, just put some mascara on and go!"