Chapter Two

Chapter Two: That Ruddy Bird

"Mione, can you get that?" Draco asked, clearly still half-asleep.

All he got was a gentle snore in response. He groaned and rolled out of bed, careful not to wake his sleeping wife.

"That ruddy bird," Draco thought crossly as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and opened the upstairs window to let the owl in.

The bird perched on the vanity quietly and waited expectantly for a treat.
Draco exchanged one for the two envelopes in his talons, which read

'Mr. Draco Malfoy'
And
'Mrs. Hermione Malfoy'

"Love," he shook his exhausted wife gently.

"The post," he turned the letter around to find the magenta stamp of Hogwarts.

"Wha-what is it?" Hermione asked sleepily, making Draco jump a bit in surprise at her consciousness.

"We got letters from Hogwarts," he told her softly, praying the noise wouldn't wake the tired toddler sleeping beside her. 

Hermione's eyes immediately opened in curiosity. Once receiving the envelope, she began tearing into it like a small child with their birthday presents.

Draco, however, opened his more carefully, staring at the green ink in front of him.
It read,
'Dear Mr. Draco Malfoy,
The class of 1999 wishes to invite you to a ten year Hogwarts reunion, held on June 14th in the Great Hall of Hogwarts. We hope to see you and your family there. Please try to wear your house colors, as it was an important part of your Hogwarts experience. We expect your owl no later than June 10th.
Signed,
Professor Neville Longbottom
Headmaster of Hogwarts School'

He looked up at Hermione's surprise.
After a couple moments of silence, Hermione spoke. "Should we...should we go?" she yawned, studying her husband for any sign of emotion.

Before he could answer, they heard the squeals of their children as they climbed on to their parents' bed.

"Mummy! Daddy!" they exclaimed, ignoring the exhaustion on their parents' faces.

"Hello my angel," Draco took their eldest daughter in his arms and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"How did my little prince sleep?" Hermione ruffled their son's hair and kissed him on the cheek.

Evangeline Narcissa Malfoy and Scorpius Harold Malfoy were the eldest of their children, both being five. They were fraternal twins but were as identical as siblings could be. They both took after Draco, with their platinum blonde hair and pale skin. However, they both shared their mother's facial structure and chocolate-brown eyes. 

Scorpius was certainly a Mummy's boy but was cheeky enough to be in Slytherin when he went to Hogwarts. Evangeline wished desperately to be a Gryffindor, much to her father's chagrin. Their brains were straight from their Granger roots, but their charm was pure Malfoy. 

"Mummy, Daddy," their third child cooed from the side of the bed, still being too short to climb up.

"Hello sweet boy!" Hermione lifted the child up happily so that he could bounce with his brother and sister.

Their youngest child, at three years old, was Hugo Neville Malfoy. He was born two years after the twins and took an instant liking to both of them.

He had Hermione's chestnut hair and slightly freckled skin. However, he had inherited his father's grey eyes and love for Quidditch. He still had a baby face, but Hermione knew as he got older it would narrow out to be like his father's. 

"Alright, I suppose it's time to get up," Hermione kissed the bridge of Draco's nose and slowly slid out of bed. She lifted Hugo and began to make her way downstairs.

As they headed down the landing, Draco yawned and began to drag himself out of bed.

"Alright, you know the drill. Downstairs," he told the twins. They marched ahead, giggling.

"Do you think Mummy will make pancakes?" Scorpius asked his dad eagerly, mouth already watering at the thought.

"I don't know Scorp, you'll have to ask her that," Draco winked at the pair. Receiving the message, they scurried down the stairs.

Chuckling to himself, he made his way down the landing, preparing himself for the mess he would soon encounter.