Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Speak Very, Very Clearly

Hermione fidgeted nervously with her dress, her fingertips fiddling with the soft material.
The gown was simple and elegant, a deep maroon with a sweetheart neckline. It was the perfect combination of sexy and classy. 
"Hermione love, we have to meet Pansy and Theo soon!" her husband called impatiently, causing her to snap out of her trance and hurriedly grab her velvet clutch.
"Coming!" she called, taking one last glance in the mirror before rushing downstairs.

Draco heard her footsteps down the stairs, and a smile lit his face as he caught sight of the gorgeous woman he was lucky enough to call his wife. She still rendered him speechless, even after all these years together.
She was just as beautiful as when he had first realized he fancied her, at the Yule Ball in their fourth year. Of course, being an idiotic fourteen-year-old, he had insulted her endlessly rather than admitting his true feelings.

He was thankful every day for his wife's forgiveness and ability to accept his past in a way that even he couldn't.

"Aren't you going to tell me how pretty I look?" Hermione teased him, changing his blank stare into the infamous Malfoy smirk. 

"You, Mrs. Malfoy, look absolutely breathtaking," he pulled her into a kiss.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Hermione smirked right back, having learned from the best.

"Daddy!" Hugo came barreling into the room, his tie thrown over his shoulder carelessly.

"Hugo! What did I say about your tie?" Hermione chided the young boy.

"Daddy, you do it!" he insisted, waving the silver tie over his head like a flag.

Hermione couldn't help but let out a small giggle. Draco grinned at the boy.
"Of course I will," he began to knot his youngest son's tie.

Draco's work phone suddenly rang, the phone Hermione had convinced him to purchase last year, and Draco looked nervously down at it.

"Sorry love, it's probably about the Parkman deal," he took the still-ringing phone outside to answer it after giving his wife a reassuring kiss on the cheek.
Hermione sighed at the mention of the Parkman deal. She didn't know many details about her husband's business, but she knew it was important. With Draco occupied, she took it upon herself to gather the rest of the Malfoy family.

"Alright, we're leaving!" she shouted, causing Scorpius and Evangeline to bounce down the stairs happily, doing little to contain their excitement for the night ahead. 
Their parents had told them so much about their years at Hogwarts, the children couldn't wait to go themselves.

Hermione had dressed Eva in a sweet red dress that ended at the knees. When the girl spun, it looked as if she was engulfed in red fabric and sparkles. She wore her hair in a side braid Hermione had done for her, and a happy grin upon her face completed the ensemble. 

Scorpius wore a forest green suit similar to his father's, and his hair was slicked back a bit, making him look like a younger, goofier Draco. 

Hermione kissed each of their heads and handed them off to their father to floo to Hogwarts.
"Remember to speak very, very clearly!" Hermione mimicked Mrs. Weasley, having heard about Harry's incident in second year.

"Hogwarts school!" the three said in unison and were instantly engulfed in green flames. 

Hermione took Hugo's hand in hers and led him to the fireplace gently.
"Mummy, where are we going?" Hugo asked softly and Hermione sighed, having reminded him almost three times now.
"To Mummy and Daddy's school, sweetheart," the little boy nodded slowly to show he understood.
"Hogwarts School!" she shouted, holding tightly to her youngest as the flames surrounded them.