Chapter 6

Rose's POV

I woke up to a Monday that I wasn't expecting. A new school year.

I stretched and stood up from my bed. I am not sure if my aunt will be driving me or I'll end up walking to school.

I got dressed and headed towards the kitchen to see if anyone is still home.

I would call out their names but my aunt would scold me, saying that it's no way of showing manners in calling someone.

But it looks like no ones home. I made my simple breakfast. Cereal.

Not much but I still had breakfast. Getting my stuff, I headed out the door and began my journey of walking to school.

Summer has ended but the sun is bright outside with birds chirping here and there. It's still a bit humid but soon it will come to being chilly, then snowy.

I walk everyday alone to school or work, sometimes there is a couple a people that say good morning or good afternoon which I return very politely. Walking in cracked sidewalks that are really just rocks that stab me even through my shoes.

I am really nervous to go to school. One, because I really don't have any friends in school. But I'm also nervous because of the greasers. If they seen me outside of school then that means more risks of getting in trouble with them. What if they follow me home? if they know where I live, will they steal anything while I'm gone? or even worse, when my aunt and uncle are there.

My thoughts of the greasers now have filled my mind with pure negative thoughts and I'm shaking like a maniac.

After a nervous, frightening walk I finally made it to school. Looks like I got here on time there is a couple of kids. I'm just the back round of this school, not one single stare from any student.

I walk towards my locker. There is kids hanging around my locker but I'm just too shy to ask them to leave but I still do, with my books tightly clenched to my chest, "Um excuse me," I say quietly, they didn't hear me, "excuse me?" I say a little louder, and finally they turn around and spot me. Four pair of eyes look at me with a look of where-did-you-come-from face. "You are in the way of my locker." I say with a shaky voice. With one last mean face they walk away like fierce horses.

As soon as I was done with placing my books in my locker I closed the locker ,and there leaned a girl against the locker next to mine. She had curly red hair and a pink sweater with a white high waisted skirt.

We stayed silent just looking at eachother but thank god she broke the silence, "Did the cat get your tongue?" She giggled, it was so cute.

"Oh,no, Um I'm Rose." I awkwardly and shyly say.

"I've never seen you here before are you new?" She asks with curious eyes. This girl is gorgeous I don't know how I never seen her before.

"No I've been going to this school for a long time." I responded quietly. I'm such the back round of this school. The girl nodded.

"So where's your friends?" she asked, twirling her hair in her fingers.

I stayed quiet for like a minute and she seemed to be getting worried.

"Oh my god did I say something wrong? did your friends die? oh my gosh! I'm so stupid! Sorry!" she panicked while she pushed herself from the locker, she stood straight with her hands over her mouth.

"Oh no! no! don't worry I just don't have any.. friends." I whispered the last part. I felt embarrassed to tell a random girl that I have no friends. They're going to think I'm such a loser.

She held her hand over her heart as if relieved. Then she looked at me and smiled.

"Don't worry we can be friends! Right?" she said tilting her head waiting for an answer.

I don't have any friends here at school so might as well start off with at least one friend. Besides she is very nice, I think I can trust her for a day. "Ok, we can be friends." I said, finally replying to her question.