Three

Harry regained his composure. "What's here, sir?"

Robyn swallowed thickly as she got up off the ground. Her mouth tasted vile and her nose crinkled in disgust at her self as the smell of her own vomit filled her nose.

She needed some water. "Ur, Professor?" Robyn started, unsure. "You don't happen to have any water on you, do you?"

Dumbledore chuckled. "Yes, my apologies, I should've thought of this before."

Robyn glanced at Harry, a little confused, but Harry just shrugged.

Dumbledore waved his wand and a goblet appeared to which he tapped with his wand and it filled with crystal clear water. "Here you are, Robyn."

Robyn stared at the goblet impressed before she realised Dumbledore was holding it out for her. She took it quickly, muttering a 'thanks.' She drank quickly, sighing in relief as the water washed away the awful taste of vomit in her mouth.

Once she had finished, Robyn asked. "Where are we?"

"I have lost count of the number of times I have said this in recent years, but we are, once again, one member of staff short. We are here to persuade an old colleague of mine to come out of retirement and return to Hogwarts. Stay close to me, Harry, Robyn. Nighttime is not a good time to be out, these days."

"I've heard." Harry muttered as they approached a small neat stone house set in its own garden.

The atmosphere as they neared the gate put Robyn on edge and she grabbed Harry's hand. Something was wrong here...

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Harry and Robyn followed Dumbledore's gaze and their hearts sank, seeing the front door hanging off its hinges.

Dumbledore glanced up and down the street. It seemed deserted. "Wands out and follow me." He said quietly.

Both Harry and Robyn pulled out their wands and poised them. They moved swiftly through the gate and up the garden, pushing the door open gently, wands at the ready.

"Lumos."

Dumbledore's wand-tip ignited, casting its light up a narrow hall-way. To the left, another door stood open. Holding his illuminated wand aloft, Dumbledore walked into the sitting room with Harry and Robyn right behind him.

A scene of total devastation met their eyes. A grandfather clock landed splintered at their feet, it's face cracked, it's pendulum lying a little further away like a dropped sword. A piano was on its side, it's keys strewn across the floor. The wreckage of a fallen chandelier glittered nearby. Cushions lay deflated, feathers oozing from slashes in their sides; fragments of glass and china lay like powder over everything.

Dumbledore raised his wand even higher, so that its light was thrown upon the walls, where something darkly red and glutinous was spattered over the wallpaper.

Robyn's gasp and Harry's small intake of breath made Dumbledore look round.

"Not pretty, is it," He said heavily. "Yes, something horrible has happened here."

Dumbledore moved carefully around the room. Harry and Robyn followed, scared what they might find lurking behind the piano or overturned sofa. Robyn held tighter on to Harry and he gave her hand a squeeze in return. But there was no sign of a body.

"Maybe there was a fight and - and they dragged him off, Professor?" Harry suggested.

Robyn cringed at how bad of a fight it must've been to get blood splattered on the ceiling and walls.