Chapter 7 - Heartbroken

"Found them," Crystal said as we walked towards Jess and Erica.

"Where were you guys?" Jess asked.

"We just got a bit lost," Aiden quickly answered as he glanced at my blank face.

It was as if I had completely lost touch with reality. My mind was racing all over the place and I struggled to keep up with it.

"I'm going to catch up with the guys," Aiden said to Crystal, even though his eyes were fixated on me.

I felt strange, like everyone could hear my thoughts and knew what I was thinking. Crystal continued to engage in conversation with Erica and ignored Aiden but I don't really think that he said it for her benefit anyway.

"Hey, are you ok?" Jess asked as she walked towards me.

"Yeah, I'm just tired," I lied.

"Where's Jinnie?"

"Oh, Erica said that she has some bug, probably twenty four hour. I'm sure she'll be fine by tomorrow," she replied.

"Oh, ok," I mumbled.

"Are you sure that you're ok?" She asked, staring deep into my eyes with what appeared to be a worried expression on her face.

I knew that saying I was tired again just wasn't going to work.

"I got a text from Kyle after the party," I said as I sat down on the bench that was a couple of feet away from where we were stood.

"Should I even ask what it said," she replied, looking as though she should expect the worst.

"He told me that I needed to move on and then he text me today to say he wanted to see me and can I met him".

"Well that's real nice of him isn't it," she replied sarcastically.

"Hmm".

"So, are you going to meet him?" She asked.

"No, I think it's time to move on," I said as my eyes fell on Aiden. He was stood with a group of friends, I couldn't quite make out who they were, as they were a little too far away now but I knew one thing, he was staring right back at me.

"Yeah, that's the spirit. Kyle's a jerk anyway, you deserve better," she said as she squeezed my hand and smiled.

"Thanks," I said.

"What are you ladies whispering about," a familiar voice asked.

As I lifted my head I jumped up in excitement.

"Anthony," I shrieked as I threw my arms around him.

"Hey kiddo," he replied as he laughed and swung me round.

"Hey I'm sixteen, don't you think it's time to stop calling me kiddo?" I asked as a smirk grew on my face.

I looked over at Jess, who's face was filled with confusion.

"Sorry, Anthony, this is Jess, Jess this is Anthony. Anthony's one of Aiden's good friends, we used to see each other all the time when we were little, till he decided to move away and forget about us," I said as I hit him playfully on the arm.

"Hey you're making me sound bad," he said before walking up to Jess and extending his hand.

"Nice to meet you, you guys really are proving my theory to be true," he said.

"What theory?" I asked.

"That all of Crystal's friends are beautiful," he said as he looked at Jess.