Chapter 13 - Aiden's POV

Seeing April walk out of my front door with Kyle was a slap in the face but I knew why she had to do it. She had her reasons and I was cool with that. I still couldn't figure her out though, sometimes I was so sure that she felt something for me but when Kyle was around he had me second guessing myself. Every dude knows that, that's not a feeling that you want to have. No guy wants to admit feeling threatened by another guy, it's a sign of weakness and I ain't weak. No girl had ever had me questioning myself like April did, there was something about her. Even when we were young, I felt different about April. I just thought that it was like a brotherly instinct because she was Crystal's friend, I guess I was wrong. Lately she was the only thing on my mind and it was frustrating.

"So, what now?" Crystal asked as we all stood in the hall way in silence.

"I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't mind having Aiden to myself for a little while," Cayce said with a big smile on her face.

"Ewww, way too much information!" Crystal replied with a look of disgust on her face.

"No, what about the guys, I invited them, I can't just leave them," I said as I gave Anthony a look that said 'don't you dare leave me alone with her'.

He obviously found it hilarious.

"Nah we're cool dude, go have your fun," he said as he winked at me, slapped my back and walked into the living room.

I was going to kill him later.

"Yeah, I'm cool," Jake said as he followed Anthony with a smile on his face.

Him too.

"To be honest, I'd rather you two go and be all lovey dovey in your room than in there with us, so bye," Crystal said as she followed the guys and shut the door behind her.

"Mmmm, alone at last," Cayce said as she kissed my lips and then ran up the stairs.

"Yeah, great," I muttered, sarcastically.

As I walked into my room Cayce had already laid herself down on my bed, much to my dismay. If I had ever known that April would leave half way through the night, she wouldn't even have been here. It was wrong but Cayce was my way of making April jealous and so far it didn't seem to be working the way that I had planned.

"What are you waiting for, big boy?" She asked as she batted her eyelids at me.

"For you to sit up," I replied.

"Why?" She asked in a frustrated tone.

I slowly walked over to my bed and sat down next to her.

"Cayce," I said quietly as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yes baby?"

"We're not getting back together," I said to her, feeling rather guilty that I had probably given her the wrong impression.

"I know, we're taking it slow and that's fine but there's no reason why we can't have a little fun in the meantime," she said as she pushed me onto my back and straddled me.

I quickly grabbed her wrists and pushed her gently off of me.

"I'm sorry but this isn't want I want," I mumbled.

"So why the hell have you been inviting me round so much, lately!"

"I don't know, I've just been confused," I replied.

"About what?" She asked.

"I've got feelings for someone else," I said as a sympathetic look spread across my face.