Chapter 19 - Jekyll & Hyde

Aiden's POV - 

I’m still with Jake, I have to be honest with him, can't do this anymore. Talk later.

I didn't know what she was going to say to Jake but either way,  I knew what I needed to talk to her about tonight.

"So, you guys ready?" Murphy asked as I took the last sip of my drink. 

Anthony's conversation had been playing on my mind, I knew he was right, people were going to get hurt and it wasn't fair. That however, did not stop thoughts of April creeping into my mind every two minutes.

Was it selfish of me to still want her? I don't know but I still did.

Maybe it was time that I stopped being selfish, I really did need to talk to her about everything.

"Yeah, we're good let's go," Anthony said as he winked at a rather excited looking Murphy.

"Yo, dude you ok? You look kind of phased out man," Taise said as he stood over me.

"Yeah, I'm good, let's go," I lied.

"Is it kind of dumb that I'm nervous?" He asked.

"Nah, we all get nervous, you just need to chill out and be yourself. Girls like that," I replied.

"Yeah they like you guys but I just can't seem to get it right man," he said.

"Just don't think about it, you'll know when it's working," I said as I patted his back.

"Yo, come on man, enough with the girly talk, let's go have some fun," Anthony said as he threw his arms around our shoulders and led us to the car.

He was right, I did need to have some fun.

I was so happy when I saw that Kelly had her own set of wheels and that Trixy would be riding with her. This girl was more work than Cayce.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you something," I said quietly to Anthony as he sat in the passenger seat, next to me.

"Uh, huh, what's that?"

"Cayce, she likes you," I said as a smile filled my face.

"Cayce? That hot chick that was all over you before?" He said excitedly. 

"That's the one," I replied.

"But I thought you and her were, you know?"

I quickly scanned my rear view mirror to see what Taise and Murphy were doing. When I saw that they were deep in conversation, I continued.

"Turns out that we were both trying to make someone else jealous," I whispered.

"Wait, you're telling me that a chick was dating you to try and make me jealous?" He said in shock.

"Yup," I said as a smirk filled my face.

"Sweet. So you're ok with that?" He asked.

"Yeah dude she's not my type, not quite sure how me and her hooked up in the first place," I said as I pulled up at a red light.

"Dude those words are like a lullaby to my ears! Mmmm she was hot! I'm talking hot, the things I would do-"

Suddenly he stopped as he realised the expression on my face and then we both burst out laughing. It was the car that was beeping behind me, that let me know that the lights had changed.

"So what you two love birds whispering about?" Taise said as he messed up Anthony's hair.

"Dude you must want my fist in your throat," Anthony said as he tried to grab Taise through the gap between our chairs.