Chapter 22 - Surprise!

Ok so there is a picture of Cameron & Crystal up! ------------->

There will also be pictures of Jake, Kyle and Anthony coming soon. Also there will be a song attached to the next chapter as picked by two lovely PRETEND readers but I will mention all that on the next chapter. This is dedicated to the amazing afreen17, she's on holiday right now but check out her story Forever Bound, you won't regret it :) Right I'll shut up now and let you read :) ENJOY

Chapter 22 - Surprise!

As I stared down at the screen of my cell and read Jake's name for the fifth time, I could feel the pit of my stomach bubbling. I hated that I felt this way but I just couldn't help it. I didn't want Aiden to pick up on my sudden change in mood as he watched me walk away so I quickly slipped my phone back into my pocket and headed towards Janeson High's entrance.

I let out a deep breath as I slipped through the doors and headed towards the restrooms. As I quickly made my way there with my eyes fixated on the ground, I felt like everything around me had been heightened. Everyone seemed to moving faster, making more noise and staring at me. 

I wasn't sure if it was real or just in my mind.

"Sorry," I heard a tall, thin, dark haired boy say as he accidently bumped into me on his way to wherever he was going. He looked at me in the strangest way as he continued to head in the opposite direction. I really needed to get a grip and stop being so jumpy. I had about seven minutes till the bell would go, hopefully that would give me enough time to compose myself.

As I approached the girl's restroom and lifted my hand to the handle, I was suddenly interrupted.

"Hey, I've been calling you," Jess said as she rested her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you. You ok?" I asked as I tried to avoid eye contact with her.

"Yeah I'm fine thanks, you?"

"Yeah, I'm good, just need to go to the toilet, I'll catch you up," I said as I turned the restroom handle and began to make my way in.

"Oh, no need, we've got plenty of time, I'll wait for you," she said in a chirpy voice.

Great, I really needed to sort myself out.

"So," I heard Jess begin as I shut the cubicle door, sat on the closed toilet seat and placed my head in my hands. 

"Are you going to Murphy's party on Saturday? I hear it's going to be really good, I think like everyone from school is going," she said excitedly.

"Yeah, I should be," I replied.

"Well don't sound too enthusiastic," she said.

"Sorry, I think I'm just tired," I replied as I tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to escape from my eyes.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

Was it me or did her voice seem like ten times louder?

"Positive," I said as a tear escaped my eye.

"Then why are you sat there crying?" She asked, making me jump out of my skin.

As I looked up, I realised that she was peering over from the other cubicle. 

"Come on out," she said in a sympathetic voice.

As I opened the cubicle door, she had already made her way to mine and I was greeted by the warmest hug ever. I needed that.

"Now what's up?" She asked in a gentle voice.

"It's a long story," I said as I walked towards the sink and washed my hands. I didn't go to the toilet but it felt weird just walking out without washing my hands now.