T W E N T Y - F O U R | Queen

{Pic of Coronation Dress. Not Edited} 

Song: Sit Still, Look Pretty

Artist (s): Daya

She's the kind of queen that knows the crown isn't on her head but in her soul.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

After Noah had fed me - never leaving my hand once - he promised he would never let me get hurt again, and I didn't doubt that one bit. He kissed me once. Twice. And then left me to take  bath. I couldn't look in the mirror because I didn't want to look at the damage done. Most of all, I didn't want to accept what happened. I don't know how long I sat in the bed, but it was until my fingers began shriveling. I sighed climbing out of the bathtub, ignoring the screams of my aching muscles. I got dressed heading out the door, wanting to just curl up in my bed.

"Princess, the Queen as asked for your attendance" a maid informed entering my room, just a few minutes after I had settled down. I had been avoiding my Mother after the incident had happened. We had met when Noah had brought me up to the palace, but since then I hadn't heard of her. I got out of my, slipping on my slippers, heading down towards the main room.

"Mother, you called for me" I called out once I saw her, performing a curtsy. My mother turned around facing me and my eyes immediately filled up with tears.

"Paige" my Mother sighed pacing towards me, gathering me in her arms.

"I am so sorry. I am sorry, I could not protect you" she cried as her tears stained my night-gown. I frantically shook my head on her shoulder.

"No. No, I'm the one who should be sorry. You tried. You tried to protect me, but I was the one to think wrong of it. Forgive me, mother" I sobbed. She let go off me, cupping my cheeks.

"We're both guilty for one thing or the other. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss, at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. I was very controlling, I admit and I am very ashamed of my actions." 

"Mother, you're my root. My foundation. You planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in the mind. My identity rest solely and firmly on you." My mother was controlling, but I realise it was to protect me. Whatever had happened was inevitable. But my Mother and I both realised our mistakes which was the most important thing. Mother took my hand and led me towards the throne room. As the doors opened, familiar faces began appearing. The faces I had come to love. Krystal, Jennifer and Aiden immediately engulfed me in a group hug. I tried to hide the groan, but couldn't help myself as I let it slip.

"Oh fuck. Sorry, didn't mean to hurt you" Aiden scratched his neck before his eyes went wide. He awkwardly turned to my mother - his queen.

"I am so sorry, your majesty. I didn't mean to swear. I meant to say 'oh fish'" Aiden stuttered. I tried to hold back my laugh just like my mother was.

"Don't worry about it, son. Just make sure, you don't slip up in-front of guests" mother laughed. I saw Noah standing a few feet away from me, a small smile covering his lips. He slowly opened his arms, motioning me to come to him. I smiled back at him, walking straight into his arms wrapping my own around his waist. I held onto me for longer than I should of but at that moment, I couldn't care less. 

"You should go see David" Noah whispered into my ear. I nodded against his chest, turning around to look at David. He was standing against the glass mosaic windows, doing nothing, saying nothing, just staring. I hesitantly walked up to hi, standing straight in-front of him. He didn't look at me at first, but after a few minutes, he blinked a few times, before looking down at him. He began opening his mouth but I cut him off. I knew what he was going to say.