The Flavor of Crimson on His Tongue

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Your POV:

Each step we take is slow and muted as I follow my kidnapper through the winding halls of the castle. I have no clue where he's taking me, but I'm not about to ask. After giving me his name, the man said I should not ask any more questions and just finish my dinner. Honestly, I feel too afraid to disobey him.

'Dracula. Surely, he wasn't being serious, right? There's just no way. Dracula isn't real. Vampires don't exist.' Whether or not he is who he says he is, he definitely holds some sort of power that could easily kick my ass. I doubt the incident with the dining room doors was just a trick, and there is certainly something about this guy that puts me on edge. Still, I can't help but be skeptical. I don't know for sure yet. I watch his cape sway side-to-side as he walks, fearing what's to come next.

'Is he going to eat me, suck my blood, or will he kill me?' I shake my head, not believing the last one would happen. He said it himself: he went through a lot of trouble bringing me here. He won't kill me, not yet anyway. Still, any of those options are enough to make me quiver with fear. My pace starts to slow subconsciously, causing Dracula to look back at me. Seeing I've fallen behind, he eases up on his long strides for me to catch up, but, eventually, we both stop in front of a door. It looked no different than the tons of other doors in this damn place, but, still, I dread the thought of going into where it leads. The man reaches into the inner pocket of his coat before pulling out a key to open the door with and grabs the doorknob with his left hand while unlocking it. Dracula looks over to me, but I keep my head down and take a step back when he does. I then jump when a hand as cold as the dead touches my shoulder before hesitantly looking up at the creature. A comforting smile rests on his lips, but it did little to soothe me.

"I promise you, it'll only hurt for a few seconds," he claims in a calm voice, though, his statement only made things worse. I don't say a word, for my throat had run dry. The door opens to a windowless room before I feel a light push from the hand on my shoulder. I had no choice but to go in. It's a spacious area with a color scheme of red, gold and purple. The dark, hardwood floor is mostly covered by embroidered rugs, and the walls are concealed by red wallpaper. All the furniture is made of exquisitely carved wood, aside from a solid gold vanity that stands beside the king-sized bed draped in purple sheets. A translucent, red canopy surrounds the massive four-post bed on my left side while thick, dark purple drapes cover the wall behind the headboard.

 A translucent, red canopy surrounds the massive four-post bed on my left side while thick, dark purple drapes cover the wall behind the headboard

My attention is captured by a sudden flame, which suddenly ignited without a source in the amazingly detailed fireplace to my right. It's mantel is decorated by empty, grey vases and garland made to look like dead, black leaves, and attached to the fireplace is a big, matching mirror which also holds small lamps with old, yellow shades. In front of the fire lies four reddish-brown, leather chairs that surround a large, gold and red, checkered ottoman. By every seat is a round end table, each of which are currently occupied by either books or a lamp, and all over the walls are old, framed paintings and embroideries.