Drowned in the Thoughts of Homesickness

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

With the help of the old woman's directions, I was finally able to find my way to the kitchen without running into any problems. The space was huge and left me in awe. It was clearly very old, but it was maintained and clean with stone flooring and walls. There were a few new appliances that didn't exactly fit into the medieval aesthetic, such as a large refrigerator and dishwasher, but I paid that no mind. There seemed to be everything in this place from a wide variety of pots and pans to expensive chinaware.

 I open the fridge and cabinets to get an idea of what I can make and find all sorts of delicious food waiting to be made

I open the fridge and cabinets to get an idea of what I can make and find all sorts of delicious food waiting to be made. I sigh, wishing I could taste one of my brother's meals again as I pick out a plain bagel, which I pop into the toaster on the counter. When they're done, I put them on a small plate and smother them with butter and raspberry rhubarb jam. I carry my plate through double doors that lead into the dining room I ate in yesterday. I have a seat and instantly feel insignificant in the massive room. I sigh as my stomach yells at me to eat and quickly devour my food before leaning back to admire the architecture and quiet. My eyes stray over to the curtains that are so thick that no sunshine could slip through.

'I guess vampires really do hate sunlight.' I wondered if that knowledge would come in handy one day. I could use it against that damn bloodsucker. I really don't want to be here. Who in their right mind would?

It doesn't matter how pretty the building is or what that man offers me, this is not my home. I couldn't wrap my head around why that old woman was so happy talking about him, about staying here, although, I think she might just be crazy. I couldn't end up like that, brainwashed, I mean. No matter what, I'll have to be strong and focus on my goal of escape. If only things didn't look so helpless.

What she said about this being a different realm, I believed. I felt something off about this place since the moment I came here, and what she said made sense with everything I've witnessed. Leaving will be a lot harder than I thought, so I'll have to play it out carefully. I groan and rest my head on the table. Just knowing that I'll be used to feed my kidnapper for the rest of my life made me feel sick to my stomach.

"I hate it here," I mutter under my breath while lifting my head and glaring at the empty, white plate. In a fit of rage, I knock the plate off of the table, and it shatters upon hitting the floor. I breathe heavily to settle down before pounding my fist on the table hard before standing. I look down at the mess and frown.

'S***.' Groaning, I walk to the kitchen in search of something to clean it up, not wanting Dracula to scold me for destroying his expensive china. Although, he didn't seem like the type to get angry over something like this, I didn't want to take any chances. I can't seem to find anything, not even a broom, so I venture out into the hall in search of some kind of supply closet. This was a bad idea because I couldn't find anything and I got lost again.