Blood of My Blood

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

•Y/N: Your Name  —————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Giddy? Frightened? On the verge of voiding her stomach out of anxiety?

     Y/N wasn't sure which urge would win over her as her gaze practically burned holes into the door with how intensely she stared at it. Her new fangs gnashed, locked tightly together, the stiffened jaw hidden behind her mask. As badly as she wanted to knock, she couldn't find the strength to lift her trembling arm to the door as her eyes filled up with tears that had not yet shed. She was home. Elijah is just behind that door. She can hear his footsteps traveling slowly across the floors, sluggish and soft, and smell the remnants of the delicious dinner he cooked staining the air. She can smell him. She couldn't wait to taste his food again. When her nails began prodding into her palms, Varujan thought it might be time to step in and give the girl some encouragement. Tenderly, the man set his hand upon her shoulder, leaning over her back to reach her ear and speaking softly.

     "He will accept you. I will be here with you to explain everything. Any anger he harbors will likely be directed at me. I will take full responsibility. If worst comes to worst, we'll leave and wait for him to settle."

     "And... If he doesn't settle?" Her eyes watered more at the thought of him shunning her. He wasn't the type to do something like that, but then again, he's never come face-to-face with a monster before either.

     "You will always have a place with me. I know it's not what you want, but if you ever find yourself without a place to go, my door is always open. When you are able to get a grasp on your new form, I'll leave you instructions on how to find the portals and the castle just in case." Y/N nods her head, feeling a bit better having a backup plan, even if it involved staying with Varujan a little longer, and receives a gentle squeeze on the shoulder before it disappears and he gives her her space back. "He is your brother. I'm sure he'll love you no matter what."

     Without further ado, Y/N raised up her hand and pounded as softly as she could in fear of forgetting her newfound strength and startling her brother with a fist-sized hole in the door. She shook even more as she heard his footsteps approaching and stumbled back into Varujan's chest. He caught her and squeezed her shoulders gently as the door opened up, revealing Elijah, worn and dazed, on the other side. He was frozen, the man behind his sister completely overlooked as he blinked rapidly. She was wearing a mask, after all, but there was no questioning who was standing on his doorstep.

"Y/N!!!" Crying, he pulled the woman away from the other man and squeezed her so tightly, she thought she'd pop. Y/N squeaked as she comprehended the hug before the floodgates opened, allowing her tears to flow in rivers down her cheeks. The joy of their closeness led her arms to swing around him only to draw back before she could dare to embrace him with all her might. She could hurt him badly if she did. Her brother was just too happy to care at that moment, however, pulling back with a joyful smile, hiccuping and grasping her face.