Seven Years

Images of that day replayed in my mind. I opened my eyes and I was in the world of the living on that day. I watched as my zanpokto dripped with the blood of my dear sister Yuzu and the look of lifelessness in her eyes. I trembled as she fell from my zanpokto and landed on the ground. It was the worst day of my life and the last. I died shortly after that after the strain of using every ounce of my reistu and the zanpokto that pierced my heart. All I could do was watch as the life started draining from me and as the street ran red with my blood. "No, I don't want to die," I said so faint I don't know if I even said those words aloud. I turned and saw Yuzu alive with another zanpokto coming toward her. "NO YUZU RUN!!" I screamed.

"KARIN, KARIN WAKE UP!"

I felt my shoulders being shuck. My eyes snapped open and sit up. I looked up and saw bright orange hair. "Ichigo," I said softly.

"Morning Karin." He said waving.

It's been quite awhile since we were alone. For the time I have been dead I have resented my brother because of what his name made me endure. But mostly I didn't want to face him after taken the life of our sister. I stood up and moved away. "I'd better get to the first division," I said turning to walk away.

"Karin." He said and I turned. "You can't keep going on like this forever. You're going to destroy yourself until there is nothing left of you." He said.

"My life didn't just end that day, my reason for living and my will to live died as well. I destroyed myself a long time ago." I said with little emotion.

"And yet you're willing to put your life on the line for your new comrades." He exclaimed.

"I was ordered but the head captain and I can't refuse. And I will not let anyone else die. I will die saving them if I must. I will not let another person die when I could have saved them. If they choose me as an ally I will put everything on the line if it means they come back alive." I exclaimed.

He smiled. "That is the first time I've seen you look alive for a while now." He said.

I walked passed him and shunpo'd to the first. I walked through the doors and saw that not a soul except head captain was in the room. I walked in and kneeled before him.

"It seems that you aren't accompanied by a squad." Head captain said.

"That appears to be right. So I will accept this mission alone." I said.

"Such arrogance!"

A voice from behind me said. I turned and looked toward the door. My eyes widened as I met the eyes of my squad members. But my eyes narrowed as I recalled that last comment. "You seem to have forgotten my words," I said the cold and harshness of my voice returning.

"We can not allow our commander to take on such a dangerous mission without the accompaniment of her squad members." They spoke and kneeled behind me.

I was shocked to hear what they had said. "Commander?" I questioned.

"You were able to defeat three out of the five of us and with just your hoho skills alone. You did more than earn the right to be our commander but also you earned our respect." The black haired girl explained.

I let my lips twist ever so slightly. "We then it seems were have a mission to complete," I said and we moved out.

That was one of the first days that I felt my humanity and my will to live return ever so slightly. And after seven years of being their commander, my squad became my family. Seven years have passed, seven long years. My team and I had returned from another mission. I walked through the halls of squad one. I walked up a tot hat large white door that I had seen so many times. I knocked on the door and that familiar voice spoke.

"Come in." That familiar voice called.

I walked through the doors and kneeled before the captains.

"Ansatsu commander reporting," I said.

"I trust your mission was complete, with no fatalities." Head captain said.

"Hai, a success with no fatalities," I exclaimed.

"Good." He said and stomped his cane.

My eyes narrowed. "However," I said.

"However?" Head captain questioned.

"While we on patrol we found something that had me suspicious," I explained.

"Go on."

"I saw the makings of a camp. But not only that I saw shihaksho along with dried blood. But the only squad that has made many trips to Hueco Mundo in the past decade was mine." I explained.

"So what is it you ask commander?" Head captain questioned.

"I ask that you allow a further investigation of this until we can rule out that an enemy faction has taken refuge in Hueco Mundo." I requested calmly.

"Well you have never steered me wrong and if you have a suspicion. Very well I will sanction another mission to Hueco Mundo." He said.

"Thank you, sir," I said

"However I will be assigning Captain Hitsugaya, and Captain Kurosaki to go along with you along will some of their squad members." He explained.

My body tensed. The only captains I would have an issue working with. I swallowed my uneasiness and spoke. "Hai head captain," I exclaimed and shunpo'd to where my team was.

"Lady Karin, you have returned," Katira said he black hair blowing in the wind.

"Did Head Captain sanction our mission?" Taru questioned. I watched as he sharpened his dagger with his green hair flowing behind him.

"He did, however, he is requiring captains Hitsugaya and Kurosaki to accompany us along with some of their squad members," I explained annoyed.

"We don't need their help," Fuku yelled. That familiar red and purple hair flying around while she threw a temper tantrum.

"I agree, we can handle this alone," Hakaru said.

Him saying something is rare he almost never speaks. So he must really distaste fighting alongside Toshiro and Ichigo. "It doesn't really matter what we think it was a direct order from our head captain. Which means we will obey it." I said and walked over to my rock. "Alright get some sleep we leave early tomorrow," I ordered. I watched as they all shunpo'd to their quarters. I let my back fall against the rock.

"I don't think it's very wise to be sleeping in rocks is such a smart idea."

That oh so familiar sweet icy cold voice that tempted me every time. "You don't know when to give up do you?" I questioned opening one eye. That familiar white hair and those eyes that burned into my soul.