At Peace Once Again

That night was like a dream except it was real and the next morning I woke up to the bright sun. Strong arms were wrapped around my back and my bare back was pressed against a tool chest. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I smiled as I realized where I was and last nights memories played in my mind. I carefully moved out of Toshiro's grip so to not wake him up. I went over to Toshiro dresser and grabbed one of his shirts and put it on. I walked out of the room and went towards the kitchen. I walked around and gathered the pots and pans and for the next hour, I was dancing around in the kitchen making breakfast. I was so focused on what I was doing I didn't notice the figure leaning against the door smirking. I walked towards the counter and stood there for awhile. I jumped slightly as I felt two arms go around my waist and hold on tight, and chilly breath on my ears.

"You know having you in my shirt and nothing else is making me crazy." He said in his deep cool voice.

That voice made my knees go weak every time he used it. I turned around and faced him. "How do you know this isn't my shirt? I saw that you didn't do anything to my drawer after all this time." I challenged.

His smirked widened. And his grip tightened and pulled me closer to him so our chest was toughing. "That's definitely my shirt it hangs to low on you. And I always figured you'd come back and you'd need your drawer." He exclaimed confidently.

"Tch! So you just knew all along I'd come back to you?" I questioned and his eyes became more serious.

"You'll always find your back because I'd never let you get away." He said and pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head against his chest. We stayed in each other arms and I knew I never wanted to let him go again. I heard a large bang on the door and we both turned and looked.

"Well you did run away from a squad four treatment center and disappear after being unconscious for almost two weeks," Toshiro explained as his hands were still tightly wrapped around my waist.

"But I don't want to go back. You better than anyone knows I'm healed and are mine to go back to duty." I smirked as a saw the smallest shade of pink on his cheeks. "Come on Toshiro, help me you don't want me to leave either," I said running my nails over his bare chest. I saw him try to fight it but he slowly gave in.

"Fine!" He exclaimed and walked to the door as I went back to his room.

"Can I help you?" Toshiro questioned.

"Captain Hitsugaya we are sorry to disturb you but we are looking for commander Shiba. She ran away from her hospital room and it is imperative we find her." The male shinigami exclaimed.

"SHE DID WHAT?" Toshiro questioned exasperatedly. I smirked at how good his acting was.

"Yes, sir." The shinigami said.

"I will join the search once I have concluded my business," Toshiro exclaimed.

"Thank you, sir."

Toshiro nodded and closed the door and sighed. He walked back and motioned for me to come out.

I walked out and followed him to the couch. And we sat down and I snuggled close to him.

"You know Ichigo is going to know you are here," Toshiro said holding me tightly.

"It'll take him awhile. I've completely masked my reistu and he can't sense it anyways." I said.

"So I'm a co-conspirator in your escape. This is going to cause quite a scandal." He said sighing again.

"You know me unpredictable and always causing trouble," I said laughing.

"That's an understatement." He said.