Chapter 10

"You okay, Tara? You look tired." Colby asked while we sat watching tv on the couch In their hotel room. I had been checking Instagram for a while, but turned it off a minute ago.

"Yes, I'm tired. But no, not really okay. I'm just scared that Zach is going to find us and hurt you guys." I said.

Sam was sitting on his bed, messing with his phone. He looked up at us and turned his phone screen off.

"He's not going to find us. We'll be gone before he'll even get here. Our flight is at 4:30. He can't possibly be here before we leave at 4." Sam said.

"I hope so.... I think I'm just gonna get some sleep." That's where I ran into the problem. "Wait, where do I sleep?"

"You can take my bed," Colby offered. "I'm probably just going to stay up anyways."

"You sure? I could sle-"

"Tara. It's fine. I'm sure. Just get some sleep." Colby interrupted me.

I hesitated. I sighed and gave up. "Thank you, Colby. Goodnight, guys."

"Goodnight, Tara." Colby said.

"Goodnight." Sam added.

...

I woke up to the alarm sounding. 3:30am. I tried to move, but something prevented from doing so. Colby's arm was wrapped around my waist. I turned off the alarm and shook Colby awake.

"Time to get up, snuggler." I said.

"Hmm?" He lifted his head off the pillow with his eyes closed. "'Snuggler'?" He opened his eyes and realized he had his arm around my waist. "Oh, my bad. I'm used to hugging a pillow..." He let go of me.

"It's okay." I knew he didn't hug a pillow. He just wanted to get way with snuggling me. I stood up and stretched. I looked to find Sam still sleeping.

I walked over and decided to mess with him a little bit. "Sam...?"

"Hmm? Kat?" He said in his sleep.

I looked at Colby, who was smiling, to trying not to laugh.

"Yeah. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Just.... Making pancakes...." Sam said.

Colby and I giggled quietly. This was too funny. Colby quickly grabbed his camera and started filming this.

"Your making pancakes? What kind?" I asked him.

"Mmm.... Chocolate chip..."

"Will you tell me something embarrassing?" I asked.

"When I was in school once....... I was daydreaming... I needed a drink of water from my bottle.... It was empty and I was moving my tongue inside it.... My whole class looked at me.... I think people filmed me too......" Sam confessed.

I turned around and crouched down, trying not to laugh. This was too good. I wanted to make this even more hilarious for Colby's video.

"Colby, I'm going to take this further." I whispered. I turned back to Sam. "Fuck me daddy."

Colby held back so much laughter.

"Mmm.... Daddy...." Sam repeated.

We were trying so hard to not laugh. Suddenly, Colby and I both broke into laughter. Sam woke with a jump, looking at us like we were insane.

"What are you two laughing at?" Sam asked.

We continued laughing for a few minutes until we finally calmed down.

"What is so funny?" Sam asked again.

"It's just..." I began. "You were sleeping and I decided to mess with you... You said you were making chocolate chip pancakes, told us an embarrassing story about making out with a water bottle in school, and said 'daddy.'"

"Oh my god! Why would I say daddy?!?" Sam yelled.

"Because you thought I was Kat and I said 'Fuck me daddy' to screw with you!" I said.

"Tara!" Then he noticed Colby's camera. "Colby?!? You filmed that?"

"Why wouldn't I?"