Chapter 13 + HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

We both sat on his black couch. He sat to my right as I thought about how I would say this to him. It's even hard for me to think, let alone say to someone I've barely known for 3 days.

"So.... I told you about my brother.... The day he was shot. He didn't deserve it."

"Of course not. Nobody deserves to be murdered." Colby reassured.

"But that's not what I'm trying to get across. I don't mean that he was murdered without the killer having a motive. He wasn't......" I stopped. A tear slipped and fell onto Colby's white rug.

"He wasn't what?" Colby tried to look into my eyes.

"He wasn't the intended target, Colby...."

There was silence. It hit the room like the bomb at Hiroshima. It was a devastating, ear piercing silence. I couldn't even hear myself breathing. It feels like the way I should hear everything.

"What do you mean?"

"Colby, there were two bullets fired that day. One hit the intended target. The other hit an innocent. The innocent died. The target got away, but completely broken." I let another tear slip.

Another moment of silence. I glanced at Colby. He was working out all of the details.

"Tara..... No...." Colby said. He figured it out. "It's not....?"

"It is, Colby...... The target.... Was me."

"Tara, I'm so sorry. I didn't know...." Colby resisted hugging me. He knew I'd just push him away.

"That's kind of the point." I replied. "It hit something in the side of my head that knocked out my hearing. That's why I wear these." I pulled out my left hearing aid and held it out for Colby to see.

"I couldn't even see them." Colby said, examining the little piece.

"Again, kind of the point. I made sure they would be invisible so no one would push me away for being disabled." I put the piece back in my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Colby, my brother died 5 days ago! You expect me to get through it so easily?!?" I stood up and yelled at him.

"No! Of course not. Tara, I just want to be there for you. I want the best for you." Colby stood up too.

There was another silence.

"Wait.... How did you know you were the target?" Colby figured out the other factor. "Do you know who shot you and your brother?"

"Yes." I sighed. "It was Zach."

We stood there for a few minutes, both of us processing everything we'd just talked about. I looked into Colby's eyes, and he reflected my action. He knew how hard it was for me to say all of this. It's like he knows me better than I know myself.

In a fraction of a second, I knew that I was in love with this blue eyed, brown haired boy I met on an Australian beach. He seemed to feel the same way. I knew he did.

Suddenly, he put his left hand on my face and kissed me. I kissed him back, it felt wrong, but also as if it were meant to happen. I rested my hands around his neck. There was a strange vibe in the room now. It was a mixture of sadness, love and wonder.

We pulled away and looked into each other's eyes. It was crazy to think about. If I were back on that beach and someone told me I'd be kissing a boy I'd known for three days, I wouldn't believe it. But here we are.

And we pressed our lips together again.

When I first met you, I honestly didn't know you were going to be this important to me.

If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you. ❤

DONT SKIP THIS!!!!

I have an important announcement to make! On my other profile _baked_ I have released a new book called It Begins || Tyler, Joey And Shane. Please got check it out and give it some love if you enjoy books about TYLER OAKLEY, SHANE DAWSON, and JOEY GRACEFFA!!!!

❤❤❤