Chapter 2

"But what does this mean?" I asked my dad as I sat in the parking lot of my job nearly half a hour late trying to gather my nerves.

"Nothing Madison, nothing at all. Just let me talk to rick about this and see if he can petition the board so that they keep him longer. Just don't worry about anything I'll handle it." He assured but his reassurance wasn't enough for my shattered nerves. The thought of me even having to come in contact with rick about this disturbed my peace!

"Why can't  you take the case Daddy?" I questioned irritably.

"Madison I was not the leading attorney just trust me rick will fix things. I'll have him figure it out and he'll call you."

I sighed in disappointment and pure nerves just hanging the phone up then glimpsing in my rear view to see my angel awoke and watching.

"Come On sweet angel it's time to go." I said trying to pull myself together.

My phone vibrated and I knew it was my dad just calling back so I ignored it. This day was off to a very bad start! The two people I wanted no contact with it seemed I was being forced to come in contact with them.

"Why you have tears ?" Allure asked as I unbuckled her trying not to cry.

She was the sweetest little girl that I didn't ask for. Sometimes I felt undeserving of these blessings of mine.

"I'm not crying, It's just cold." I lied kissing her rosy fat cheeks.

"You okay?" She still asked staring me deep in the eyes.

"Baby." I laughed, " I'm fine I promise, it's just coldddd, are you ready for day care?" I asked trying to change the subject as I walked to the doors of the childcare entrance that my job provided for employees.

"Not really but I know I have to go." She uttered placing her small hands onto my face and playing with the remainder of tears that had fallen.

She was such a smart three year old, she had really taken after Ricks wittiness and would ask a billion questions until she forgot what she was even asking about.

"Well we may have an early day, we have to go to brothers program and surprise him."

"Hmmm surprises with balloons?"

"No, no balloons this time just our presence, he's going to be happy to see you he loves you." I explained kissing her little hands as we arrived at Ms.Youlus class where the centers other kids were.

"Is that my special little girl?" She asked smiling from ear to ear as she took Allure from me.

"Lo I'll see you later, have a good day." I said placing her bag into her small cubby.

"You have a good day Madi love you." She replied rushing over to give me a big hug.

"That girls gone think you her friend calling you madi." Ms.Youlus ranged placing her hands on her hips.

Every since I started working at the ward Allure would call me Madi due to the fact that she's here my co workers and Ms.Youlus calling me it and I just never corrected it.

It was special to me in an odd way. She reminded me of my hometown where everyone would call me that.

"It's okayyyy She's my special girl." I defended kissing my daughters forehead.

"You say that now. You runnin late gal, you better be making your way round that corner before you don't have a special job to come to."

I giggled at Ms.Youlus she was like the mother I never had. "I know ms.Youlus, thanks for everything see ya later."