Chapter 44

"Can I bring you lunch?"  I texted Steph during the brief hour before picking up the kids. Today had been a very busy day and the first free moment I received after all of the surprises my mind ran on Steph.

"Sure." He replied.

"Ok what and where babe lol?"

"Now 6205 Boston Street..... & soul food"

"Left overs it is 😆"

"Cool 😉"

I fixed Steph a plate of the dinner from last night getting the gist that he wouldn't want to eat this again tonight I would have to go shopping with the kids after school.

I was getting the hang of the engagement thing after all and Was beginning to really like this!

Just before I wasped out the door I stopped in my tracks looking at my simple T-shirt, jeans, and slides and thought maybe I should change but the admiration Steph had for me made me comfortable enough just to be myself. He had eyes for me and me only and vice versa so there was no one to impress.  Besides where I was going didn't seem special.

The drive down was approximately 40 minutes with the help of the highway. I landed downtown in the night life spot which was unexpected. Driving pass all of the luxury shops and bars I finally arrived to an extravagantly designed building with a spacious parking lot, holding the title Eagle, a well known lounge and sports bar.

I parked and set in complete utter shock. I don't know how I could've been so blind to never ask. Hell how could he have been so selfish to never tell he was working at a popular sports lounge.

After sitting there debating with myself I finally built up the courage to grab the plate and begin my journey up to the door.

"Welcome to The Eagle, how are you?" A beautiful Latino girl greeted as I entered, being splashed by the immaculate decorations of the interior.

"I'm fine how are you?"

"Great! rush hour isn't for another hour so you can feel free to sit where you like my love."

My attention was like a kid with ahdh as I glimpsed around at all the gorgeous women complimenting the place with positions such as servers but looking like models and strippers.

"I'm sorry." I replied softly quickly grasping myself. "I'm actually here for Steph, where is he?"

"Umm I believe he just went into a meeting with Cindy, hold tight babes. Let me check, if you'd like you can take a seat and get a drink on the house."

"Um I think I'm fine actually I'll wait here."

"Okay hun, hold tight then."

I sighed feeling abit self conscious the longer I stood there. Seeing all of these beautiful girls with nice bodies and faces made me feel like a turtle out of its shell.

I glimpsed down at the ring on my finger as two women entered.

"Girl I saw his car out there, he is definitely here with his fine ass!"

"Oh I'm giving him your number this time around! No if ands or buts, you're gonna be the new Mrs.Steph!" The other girl giggled teasing her friend.

Rage literally covered me like no other feeling as the hostess Latina girl returned with a smile.

"He's actually still in the meeting he should be out in 15-20. You should really try our new drink it's called the X'tea and I absolutely love it! It'll make the wait shorter." She smiled showing off her wonderful personality however I was two second away from becoming ticked off.