Chapter 20

"Madison you saw the bond they both had, please allow him to say his final
Goodbyes to his grandfather." Ms.Charlotte pled after I had been ignoring her for the past few days.

Gazing at the Smith & Wesson 9mm that Laid on my dresser, I finally agreed.

This would give Power closure and I would be able to maybe get it as well.

Against my better judgement I took off of work promising Morgan I'd be back leaving her in a better space and I negotiated with my mother to keep Allure without specifying where I was going with power.

I had seen more of L.A than I had in mind and Power was nostalgic considering the circumstances.

Walking into the funeral home where everyone was dressed in black, I didn't realize the depth of this situation it was far deeper than I had thought out.

I had forgotten I was the girl who had sentences The elite son to prison and ruined his life. And to make matters worse I had shortened his time with his father.

It was arranged for Power and I to have our own limo for chauffeuring and Ms.Charlotte stuck by her word.

Walking into the home all eyes seemed to be on me and my boy.

We walked with our heads held high not acknowledging a soul with our target on Gregory who once was a live soul.

Power touched his face gazing for a great moment absorbing in the factors he hadn't experienced .

It was unannounced but he bursted into tears sobbing.

I grappled my baby boy into my arms kissing his face and repeating everything would be okay, but my consoling wasn't enough. I hadn't realized he had become so attached in one greeting or better yet it was all stemming from the missing space he was experiencing all of these years.

My shirt was soaked in his tears as he cried and cried and everyone watched, causing me to flushed.

The firm touch of someone grabbing yet gently for power caught me off guard, causing me to look up to see Kamron taking him away from me and comforting him as tears rolled down his face.

I was at a total lost, knowing all eyes were on me and my heart was melting yet my judgement wasn't agreeing with this moment.

I could see Power slowly calm down as he realized who was holding him.

I felt like a spotlight was beaming on us and Kamron was once again at the shine of it.

Before even thinking I grabbed for power gently trying to receive him, without causing a scene but Kamron refused to let go.

I had a flashback of the night he raped me. The force of him on top of me and me unable to remove him caused me to react as if I was back in that very moment.

"Let him go!" I snapped to where only him and I could hear, but he didn't acknowledge my attempt.

"Release him!" I demanded louder causing a few gasp in the pews of the church.

I gave a harder tug as Power squealed, and the mother in me kicked in snatching him away from him as a few male and females of his family rushed over.

There I was standing just a foot or two away from Kamron scolding him with just my expression as the damp tears on his face glistened in the sun rays and his mother arrived to his side, grabbing his arm gently.

"I need my son!" Kamron yelled, gushing into more tears that confused me entirely.

"He is not your son! Don't do this!" I threatened sternly not breaking eye contact.

"See-!" Kamron sobbed growling in his mothers direction then the crowd of people for sympathy.

"You need to leave!" An older women demanded more threatening than warning.

"I gladly will." I replied grasping power tightly in my arms.

I dashed out of that church so quickly my feet were moving before my body and the weight of power was like a feather.

As I made it to my rental cars door, I clicked the unlock button ignoring Powers grunting and questions in between his sobs and clamped him into his car seat where I slammed the door and was accosted by The beast himself.

I felt a strong sensation clinging around the back of my neck causing me to twist just in time to realize It was Kamron attempting to choke the damn life out of me.