Swan Song {12}

“Let’s go the smoothie place. I want a smoothie,” Mitch said.

                “I second that,” Rio said.

                “I third that,” Shane said.

                “Let’s go!” I said.

                Shane drove us to the smoothie place and we got out of the car. We went inside together and ordered our smoothies, going over to sit down.

                “This is the life,” Shane said as he sipped on his smoothie.

                “As long as my smoothie doesn’t get knocked out of my hands this time,” Mitch said, poking the straw in and drinking some.

                I swatted at his smoothie and he yanked it away, glaring at me. I grinned and he flipped me off.

                “If you spill my smoothie, I’ll spill your blood,” he said.

                “You say that now, but I guarantee that within five minutes, your smoothie will be on the floor and you’ll be bruised and bloodied while Jace whistles a cheery little tune,” Shane said, slinging his arm around Mitch’s shoulders.

                “And within five minutes I can guarantee that I break your arm off,” Mitch said.

                “You’re so hostile,” Rio said.

                “He hasn’t had enough alone time with his hand lately,” Shane said.

                “Sometimes I wish mom would carry out with her threats to kill you,” Mitch said, pushing Shane’s arm off of himself.

                “Mitchy, you’d miss me if I was gone,” Shane said, grinning and flicking Mitch’s nose. “Remember when dad told me that flicking a dog’s nose was effective, so I started flicking your nose when you bothered me?”

                “And then dad saw you doing it so he flicked your nose and you started crying and didn’t do it to me again until high school,” Mitch said.

                “I’m glad I’m an only child,” I said.

                “And then there’s Rio, whose brother is usually too drugged up to be an ass to him,” Mitch said.

                “If you were anyone else, I’d kick you right between the legs,” Rio said, smirking and sipping his smoothie. “And I’ll have you know that when he was 19 and living at home again, Hank pushed me out of a window.”

                “I’ve never done that to you,” Shane said.

                “I’d probably be dead if you did,” Mitch said.

                “In Hank’s defense, the window was open and I was basically sitting in front of the window. He didn’t think I’d actually fall,” Rio said. “And it wasn’t that much of a drop.”

                “That’s a shame,” Mitch said. “He should’ve pushed you off the roof or something.”

                “You all hate me and I’m offended,” Rio said, but the smirk stayed on his face.

                “JACE! SHANE! MITCH!”

                “No,” the three of us said in horror.