Swan Song {21}

I ran as fast as I could towards the trailers we had gone to that one night. My adrenaline was pumping and my mind was racing with horrible thoughts of what would happen if Mitch got hurt.

                My feet slapped the pavement and my lungs screamed for air as I got closer and closer, but I knew I couldn’t stop. I had to get there before something happened to Mitch.

                The trailers came into sight after a few minutes and I stopped, panting and trying to catch my breath as my eyes scanned the situation rapidly.

                There were five guys against Mitch, Rio, Trevor, and Patrick. I was surprised, because I had been expecting Colby, been I only faintly recognized these guys from high school.

                My eyes fell to Rio first since he was closest to me. His glasses were on the ground a few feet away from him and he was throwing wild, angry punches at the guy attacking him. His bottom lip was split open and bleeding, blood trickling down to his chin in a steady stream.

                Then my eyes swept over to Patrick, who was just barely fending off the big guy attacking him. Patrick’s eye was swelling shut, but he seemed too pumped up on adrenaline to really notice.

                And finally my eyes fell to Mitch and Trevor, who were trying to fight off the other three guys together. Mitch had a cut on his cheek that was bleeding pretty badly. Trevor’s nose was bleeding and his lip was split. The three attackers were beginning to overpower the two of them.

                Without hesitation, I ran forward and tackled one of them off of Mitch. Mitch spun around, swinging a punch at the other one, not even surprised that I was there.

                The guy and I hit the ground together and I rolled on top of him, pinning him to the ground. He tried to punch me, but I ducked away from it and drilled my fist into his stomach. He gagged and thrashed to get me off.

                I held tough, forcing him against the ground and punching him in the jaw as hard as I could. He yelped in pain and I punched him again, causing blood to pour out of his nose. I began to punch him over and over again, my fist throbbing with each blow.

                I forced myself to stop and slowly climbed off of the guy. He curled up on the ground, whimpering and bringing his hand up to catch the blood from his nose.

                I spun around to face Mitch and Trevor. Mitch had managed to knock the other guy off of himself. He had moved to help Trevor, and they had nearly taken out the other guy.

                Mitch noticed me watching as he restrained the guy’s arms. “Help Rio!” he said.

                I nodded and ran over to where Rio was still throwing wild punches. I grabbed the guy attacked Rio and tackled him to the ground, punching him just as hard as I had punched the other guy, over and over again until I was sure he wouldn’t come after Rio again.

                I stood up and moved to Rio slowly since I knew he couldn’t really see who I was. He swung a punch at me and I managed to throw my hand up to take the blow. I winced as his fist collided with my palm, his eyes blazing with fury.

                “It’s me!” I cried before he could punch me again.

                Rio slowly let his hands sink back to his side, trying to catch his breath. “Sorry. I can’t see,” he said, pointing at his eyes. “He snatched my glasses off and threw them. Damn sissy.”