Chapter 33 - Human

[Warning: Mature Content included into Chapter 33. Advised Reading Age is 13+. Otherwise, read at your own risk.]

Chapter 33

Carl

Red ran down her warm neck, dropping onto her black sweatshirt in a dark pool. A pool spilled by me, with my vengeful and mortal hands. I could feel the sinful smile on my face, grinning as I traced lines over Cassidy's smooth skin with the tip of my knife.

"Such pretty skin," I whispered. "Too bad its ruined."

Her screams echoed in my ear, muffled by the grimy tape over her dry lips. I smiled as I carved Kat's name into her skin, molding it in blood.

The man beside her squirmed around, trying to hit me. I stepped back from Cassidy's neck and smiled wider.

"What? Trying to save the little girl?" I taunted. The man put his head down against his chest in defeat. Cassidy's tears dribbled down her cheeks and fell onto her lap. They gathered in small drops like raindrops. Raindrops filled with death, mixed with regret. "You know, my dad wouldn't have wanted me to do this," I said softly, cutting the man's shirt down the middle. It soon laid in tattered pieces around his biceps. "Good thing he's not here anymore, huh?" I chuckled, my voice dark.

The next thing I knew, my knife was crawling down the man's skin, tearing a line down his toned stomach. His face went pale as he leaned his head back in pain. I crossed another line over the other, slicing an X down his stomach.

I stepped back to admire the blood I had shed.

So much blood, I thought, looking at the pools on the floor. So much pain. So much satisfaction.

I could feel my eyes crackling in their darkness, swimming in the desire to make these people hurt. They deserved to be tortured and torn apart with their eyes wide open to see the cold ceiling as I shed their guilty blood across the floor. I bent down behind Cassidy, untying her hands slowly. I smirked against her ear.

"Try anything, and I won't regret driving my knife right through your neck," I growled in a low voice. She trembled, looking away from my eyes.

She's afraid of your eyes, too, I realized. Good. I hope all she sees is utmost loathing.

I slid her arms around and tied them down against each arm of the chair. I smiled and ran my fingers over her own, and she squirmed, attempting to get away from me. I looked down, seeing my hands covered in blood. It dripped from my fingertips, and I smiled wider as I realized it was hers.

"You know, my dad had fingers. But...he's gone now. Does that mean that your fingers should be gone, too?" I asked, grabbing my knife off the floor. Cassidy looked up at me, her blue eyes wide with fright. I raised my knife, imagining the lovely blood spilled onto the floor, gathering against the dips of red I had already let out. My muscles tightened, but the lovely girl's voice rang out.

"Carl? C-Carl?"

I spun around, and Kat was standing there. Her emerald eyes were wide with a sickening look in her expression. Her hands were curling in shivers, eyes looking at me with misunderstanding and fright and, strangely, love.

I stood up, dropping the knife into my belt. Cassidy met eyes with Kat, tears springing down her cheeks. I pushed Kat out of the room with my shoulder, my hands dipped in a guilty red essence. I turned and slammed the door shut, locking it. I pressed my forehead against the cool metal, squeezing my eyes.

"You shouldn't be here." My voice was more of a growl, more ruder than I had meant it to sound. I heard Kat draw in a shaky breath.

"What...Is this what you've been d-doing? All these hours?" She breathed behind me. I looked up and turned, meeting her gaze. Her hands were on her cheeks, flushed and red. Her eyes were deeply appalled, staring at my hands.