Chapter 3

"We have English class on the third floor

"We have English class on the third floor. Hurry up or we'll miss Mr. Sinclair's entry," Jade blurted out in excitement.

Quinn did not bother to ask why the English teacher's entry was so important. Somehow it mattered to Jade and she did not want to disappoint her.

They quickened their pace down the way too long corridor, sprinted up the stairs and burst in the classroom. Thankfully, Jade's favorite teacher did not arrive yet. Quinn plodded in an empty seat next to Jade, glanced around to see Ash busy in a deep conversation with a beautiful brunette, Jason and Lisa seated together in silence behind him and the brunette. Jade was tugging her arm.

"What is it, Jade?"

"Do I look good?" she asked, one hand pushing away one strand of sandy hair away from her face.

Quinn smiled at her and she beamed back.

"Is he that hot?"

"See for yourself," Jade gushed.

All girls eyes were fixed at the door as Mr. Sinclair rushed inside the classroom. Quinn could clearly understand why Jade was so affected by this teacher. He indeed was a handsome man, probably in his mid-twenties, dressed casually and super friendly when he approached her table and got into casual conversation.

She eased back in her chair when the reading list was handed to her. Nothing new, she remarked.

Scarlett joined in after, excused herself with exaggerated shyness. A winning smile formed on her thin lips when she passed by, daring them to do better. She took a seat with her two blonde friends at the back. Jade rolled her eyes and murmured something sounding like attention seeker.

If that was true, did Scarlett hold the attention of the sinfully hot Dravon Blackwell? She hoped not. There was something mysterious about him. He was different from other boys she encountered in her life. It was there surrounding him when they met, like a dark secret or something more dangerous she so longed to find out.

The bell rang but no one seemed to be in a hurry to leave the classroom. Quinn made the first move with the rest of Blue Monarchy behind her and everyone followed them, scattering in the hall. Ash waved at a tall boy and beckoned him to join them.

The boy with brown hair addressed her directly.

"You must be Quinn. Everyone is singing your praises today," he said, his olive eyes held a spark of interest.

"Right," she flashed a bright smile.

"I'm Shade, another member of Blue Monarchy," he grinned at her. "I figured that out."

Ash slapped him on the back almost hard enough to knock him down. "Shade, you missed the dramatic part today when Quinn brought evil queen bee down." He mimicked Scarlett's face with exaggeration.

"Boy, you would have loved that moment," he chanted. Shade shrugged, eyes fixed on Quinn.

"I guess that's my call to be on time."

"Shade and early...somehow it doesn't rhyme," Lisa joked. "It's like Ash not constantly playing Casanova," Jade added. Ash threw back his head and laughed.

They all mirrored his laughter as they walked to their respective lockers.

The rest of the classes passed by at a quicker pace, always with Jade by her side. They shared the same classes and Quinn, for once in her life enjoyed the company of a devoted friend, unlike the ones she had in New York who valued social status more than friendship.

At the lunch break, Quinn and Jade joined the others seated in a reserved for the elites area in the super noisy cafeteria. Unlike other students who had to queue up to order their lunch, their food was served to them personally, by a girl named Carly who seemed familiar with everyone's taste. Quinn caught curious glances every time she turned her head.

A warm feeling cascaded through her veins and flushed when she saw why. Dravon Blackwell paused in the doorway, looking devastatingly beautiful in black. The girls turned their heads to admire his beauty, some hoping to grab his interest. But, he paid no attention to the huge crowd and walked straight ahead in languid steps.

His intense gaze was pinned in her direction, narrowing his eyes as he studied the other elites. His features still looked pale in plain daylight but his sapphire blue eyes grew dark as he approached their table, standing close to her. Quinn caught her breath.

"Mind if I join?" bright blue eyes locked in hers, daring her to look away. He stared as if he could read her mind. She wondered if he could.

"Of course not," Jade replied for her.

He took a seat beside Ash facing Quinn on purpose so that every movement she made, she become aware of his presence.

Jade held up conversation with latest gossips and the boys faked attention, smiling every now and then. She stopped when Scarlett appeared, greeted Dravon, head already bent to kiss his sensual lips. He made a sharp gesture to stop and Jade and Ash chuckled. Scarlett regained her posture, chin up.

"It's been a while since we last met, Dravon." Dravon ignored her and reached for Quinn's baked fries. "You don't mind sharing some, do you?" He gestured at the fries and his eyes held a spark of pure mischief.

When Quinn just blinked at him, he spoke again. " Well, I'll take that for a no." He placed the plate in front of him and ate in silence. Quinn just sat there and stared at him in amazement.

What was happening to her? She was acting like a fourteen year old stupid girl.

Scarlett gave her a look of black ice. "So, have you chosen the last member for Blue Monarchy?" she asked seductively, her gaze again resting on Dravon.

When Dravon had chewed and swallowed the last bite of her fries, he braced his elbows on the table and leaned forward, holding Quinn's gaze in his.

"Yes." At that moment, her chicken salad arrived. She thanked Carly and ate hungrily.

"Really?" Scarlett's eyes lit up. He nodded.

"I choose Quinn." She almost choked, her fork dropped on her plate and she glanced up to catch him studying her so intently that heat raced through her blood, warming her body at a rapid rate. Jade handed her a glass of water and she swallowed some. Nobody seemed surprised by that piece of news except Scarlett.

"But she's just a newcomer!" Scarlett intercepted, her face blanched, her light blue eyes widening a fraction. An awkward silence reigned in the cafeteria.

"My decision is final," he spoke with firm authority.

With that, Scarlett snorted, threw a dirty look in Quinn's direction and shook her head before turning to stomp away.