Chapter 4

Other students watched in awe, clearly enjoying the downfall of Scarlett Bloom

Other students watched in awe, clearly enjoying the downfall of Scarlett Bloom. Jade hugged her in anticipation.

Her gaze remained fixed on Dravon's attractive face. He looked so in control as he lounged in his chair and watched her with barely concealed amusement.

"You belong with us now," Jade said.

That sentence... it seemed to echo in her ears. It was almost like she heard this before-but she hadn't. She just knew she hadn't.

Quinn's mind was drawn in dark havoc.

That word belong held the power to blur reality. She was no more in the cafeteria. She was falling in a pitch-black tunnel filled with nothingness. A bundle of memories appeared before her, all mixed up.

And then a faint ray of light.

Somehow, she felt weightless and floating in it. A huge light blinded her. She fluttered her eyelashes and saw her.

A young pregnant woman running away from something in the forest. Her long black cloak trailed on the carpeted mossy ground behind her, covering her petite figure as she ran with the hood obscuring most of her face. Some strands of her wild red auburn hair flew through the air. She was frightened with her head spinning again and again, consoling herself that nothing or nobody was behind her.

One more blurry image surfaced.

Somehow that pregnant woman had managed to get out of the deep eerie woods. But exhausted, she can't run anymore. She had no idea where she was headed as long as it wasn't that vast forest she feared. Desperate, she turned to the nearby mansion for help.

Oh wait, is that grand-aunt's mansion in a much better condition?

The woman banged helplessly until the door opened - by a younger Helen Deveraux. Her grant-aunt even had a warm smile on, brightening her face.

"Please help me," the woman said, between panting breaths.

Her shrewd brown eyes analysed the young woman's weak state and invited her in.

"Who are you?" her grand-aunt asked, helping her settle in a cozy armchair.

Her brown eyes were wide. "Someone who won't be alive for long. They will kill me." She muttered slowly.

"My goodness who will kill you? Calm down and tell me all about it dear."

"I'm having difficulty to breathe...the pain...it's killing me." The woman circled her arms around her belly and kept tossing and shifting positions in that armchair.

"You must in labor pain. Apparently, you gave your body too much stress. Don't worry lady, I'll help you with your delivery," Helen said. The woman was indeed in intense labor pain. She finally managed to help the young woman in giving birth after three long hours of struggle.