Chapter 10

Far away in all the other directions, physically the other members disappeared to join a perplexed Shade and a shattered Jade as they analysed the situation

Far away in all the other directions, physically the other members disappeared to join a perplexed Shade and a shattered Jade as they analysed the situation.  Lisa remained still, her head rested on Quinn's shoulder when the boys rushed to Shade's side, all in time to catch a glance at the lifeless man who rested on the ground, then strolled farther to search for the culprit's trace.

Even in a moment of pure distress like that, Quinn admired their teamwork. Jason, Shade and Ash used their powers to lift those dead leaves surrounding Mr. Sinclair's body, still confused, not knowing for sure what type of supernatural race had defied their dominance and committed that act.

Dravon had Jade protectively encircled in his strong arms as she slumped into him and sobbed continuously. Jade had to accept that this was real. Tears in her eyes, she clutched to him in terror when he raised his hand to brush her messy sandy hair. "Jade, I am so sorry. But you have to brace yourself now," he said very softly as he tightened his grip around her. Taking her chin in his gentle hand, he tilted her head back tenderly kissing her on her forehead. She wasn't crying anymore, just an unreadable expression on her face. Pulling back from her, but not leaving her side till he made sure she had calmed down, he looked down at her as she gazed beyond him at the soft pale glow of moonlight, her expression forlorn.

She then stared at Dravon and spat three words in anger. " I want revenge." A smirk formed in the corner of his mouth. "Be assured of that, blondie. Revenge will be served cold and in my style!"

He threw a quick glance at Quinn who instinctively glanced back. With long strides, he left Jade behind and stood in front of the last Campbell witch. Lisa stepped back in understanding. Dravon reached for her hands and she willingly held his, then vanished among black orbs.

The next thing Quinn knew was that she was alone with him in a much darker spot in the forest. Some bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere. It was so dark and vastly dense she was barely able to see where she was going. There were only small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind. Dravon interlaced his fingers with hers, making their way through the endless obscurity, all the while not muttering a single word. Then he stopped dead and she cautiously padded forward to face him. It was next to impossible to read his face in that pitch black darkness. He rested his palm on her eyes for a brief moment.

"Quinn, look around you. Does this place seem familiar to you?," Dravon asked gently, his voice only just breaking the silence.  She jerked her head, brown eyes open to look at him and blinked hard. Suddenly, with Dravon's night vision power, she could see clearly as if a pale dawn had replaced the obscure background.

She whirled around, her eyes assessing every bit of that particular place. The same trees, the thick mossy floor : it happened to be the same place where her birth mother was running in her vision.  Dravon watched her closely as the color drained from her face, and it was answer enough.  All those scary feelings about being chased overpowered her, the thought itself threatened to choke her. She could actually revive that life-changing scene so vividly that it petrified her. He pulled her close to him and hugged her so tightly that she could hardly breathe.