Chapter 23

It was already Sunday ; the day of the occurrence of the awaiting bloody lunar eclipse several hours later

It was already Sunday ; the day of the occurrence of the awaiting bloody lunar eclipse several hours later. It was the day which will determine the infinity coven's destiny, Morgade's fate and Dravon's survival. Tonight, everyone's fate will change ; for better or worse.

The mayor's voice brought her back to reality. Quinn glanced at the curious mob gathered in the football ground, all oblivious about the upcoming danger lurking in the shadows. Morgade was nowhere in sight.

Lisa, who stood next to her made a face as the scorching sun from straight overhead heatened her skin. Quinn gave a sideways glance at Scarlett and her two stupid friends. They were all dressed in royal blue mini floral dresses, large hats shading their faces with their hair beautifully braided. Scarlett took her sun cream out of her flashy hot pink handbag and began applying it on her neck sensually, her gaze all that time on Dravon who stood quietly next to the mayor.  Ash scoffed when Dravon gave Scarlett an icy glare.

Quinn suppressed a smile and focused on Mrs. Williams speech.

The mayor, who donned a classic black attire, smiled faintly at the residents, her hands snatched the microphone from it's stand as she took two steps forward.

"As you all know, tonight the bloody lunar eclipse will occur. The darkness will be complete. For your own safety, as the mayor of Blue Haven, it's my duty to warn everyone to remain in their houses after seven p.m." The crowd began murmuring.

Someone shouted, "why the need for this action? It's just an eclipse, not apocalypse." Some laughed at that remark.

Ash's mom backed away and whispered something in Dravon's ear. With the help of Dravon's blood, Quinn used her power to listen to what she said. "They're right, Dravon. I can't tell them to confine themselves at home just because of an eclipse." Dravon touched his forehead, pensive. "These idiots," he muttered under his breath. "I'll take it from here Mrs. Williams," he said sweetly.

He marched forward with an aura of dominance and waved at the crowd. The murmur died.

"What I'm going to tell you all is supposed to be strictly confidential. But due to your rising inquisitiveness about staying indoors tonight, I feel obliged to reveal this information." Everyone kept silent, all their attention on what he was going to say next.

Taking a deep breath, frowning slightly and keeping his attitude dead serious, he continued. "Yesterday we received some crucial information about a serial killer who has a fetish for committing murders in full moon nights and especially during lunar eclipses." They all frowned now.

Ingenious way to hide the truth and protect these innocent souls, Quinn thought.

"As the founder's son, it's my duty to warn you citizens." He pointed towards the direction of the highway. "That serial killer is hiding somewhere deep in the woods, people. He's here, waiting to sin. So, it's best for you to stay safe at home." The elders moved their heads in agreement while the youngsters seemed quite thrilled that a calculating cold blooded murderer was set to kill some of them. Dravon saw their unconcealed excitement, one eyebrow lifted sardonically. "Of course, if anyone stupid dares to roam free tonight, he will have to pay a fine of just 5000 dollars."