[ chapter one ]

Ever since birth, Eden had always been a chubby boy, when he was baby he was very chubby of course, his father criticized it and his mother would always shush her husband about it saying that 'he'll loose the baby fat'.

But that was what happened of course but not all of his chubbiness disappeared, He had thick thighs and a bit of stomach fat and when he was younger he didn't care much about it. Now though being 16 years old, his father always suggested that he should stop eating so much of his mother's cooking. He was also from a Philippine family, who gave them love especially his mother. Eden loved his mother a lot of course, she was kind and always tried to get her son to ignore his father's harsh comments.

But of course his father wanted to boy to be skinnier and muscular just like his older brothers so he made him sign up for track. Eden hated every moment of it, he hated running but he was good at it. But his coach was brutal, making him and then teen run in any weather condition (except the snow, thank god)

Eden wasn't an ugly boy, he was very pretty in fact, he had gorgeous chocolate orbs, he had plump lips but a strong jawline, which all his brother had nice jawlines as well. He had beautiful tan skin and brown curls at the top of his head.

It was dinner time and he sat at the dinner table with his mother, father and his four brothers  (Ezekiel, Daniel, John & James ) His brothers were all arguing about sports. Until his Father spoke. "Eden, I think you should join another sport." His father said bluntly, Eden gulped quietly, he was a very quiet and reserved boy, he never talked back to his parents or even his brothers, he was too scared to.

"Now why does he need to join another sport when he's already in track, that'll be too much for him." His mother spoke for him, Eden let out a small relieved sigh. No he didn't want his mom to answer for him but he didn't want to argue with father or argue at all. "Because look at him, he's still fat ." His father said bluntly. Eden looked down at the ground, starting to get a bit uncomfortable.

"He's not fat! his stomach isn't huge, he just has a little but of fat, I don't see what it's such a big deal. Plus he needs to focus on school, Having too many things to do after school will stress him out!" His mother argued. Eden sighed, his brothers were looking at their parents arguing about their little brother's weight. Eden just felt guilt.

He always felt guilt for not being skinny. He wanted to oh how badly did he want to, no matter what he did he was always seen as fat. He suddenly lost his appetite. Not wanting to even look at his food. "Mom? Dad? I'm not hungry anymore. Can I just go out to the baseball field?" Eden asked. Yes the baseball field. It was around 6pm and the sun was still out. He also knew that Monroe  would still be out there.

Monroe, his best friend since preschool, Their parents knew each other for a very long time, they were very close. Monroe was also on the baseball team, He genuinely enjoyed playing. It gave him time away from school work and tests.

"Sure." His mother said briefly before going back to her argument with her stubborn husband.

Eden got up from the dinner table and put his food away. He went and slipped on his converse and grabbed his backpack before leaving. His backpack was a black and leather material, it had pins on it from shows that he watched. Eden was a very creative person, he enjoyed writing stories and taking pictures on his free time.

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

As he had finally made it to the field he saw his tall friend sitting in bleachers, so that's where he went. "Hey." Eden said quietly. Monroe looked at him and smiled brightly. "Hey what's up?" He asked.

Eden sat next to him before speaking."My Dad is being himself again." Eden muttered sadly, Monroe frowned."I don't understand why your weight bothers him so much." Monroe stated honestly, he didn't understand why the older man cared so much. He thought the boy was perfect just the way he was, he loved everything about him, He thoughts Eden was amazing, he was shy yes but he was very unique and creative. He took amazing pictures and had a very serious obsession with Japan fashion.

But he loved how he was selfless, he cared for others feelings not just his own. He wished that they boy could see him the way he did.

But he couldn't.

-

a/n: I hope you guys liked this, I honestly made it because like I think its just me but the chubby books I would see seemed pretty negative idk I might be wrong.

but yeah, I hope you enjoyed :')