one.

aaliyah's pov
                                            11:25 pm

I finally arrived at my best friend Kidada's party that she begged me to come to cause it was gonna be "the bomb".  I hated parties. I always get hit on by horny boys who can't keep their dick in their pants or drunk people making stupid decisions that end up pissing me off.

As soon as I walked inside of the two - story  house I was hit with the smell of shitty perfume and vodka.

"Liyah!" I heard someone yell , I turned around and saw a tipsy kidada. " da , how many drinks have you had so far, the party just started an hour ago!" I exclaimed. " If the party just started an hour ago , that means your late! where were you?"

I was too busy contemplating to even come here because I didn't feel like  taking care of dada. I mean I love this girl but I need some time for myself but I would never tell her that.

" That doesn't matter , I'm here now." I said as How Do You Want It? By Tupac came on.

"Oooh this is my song! Girl you have to dance with me , come on!" Kidada said as she pulled my arm to the middle of the floor where everybody was dancing.

Me and Kidada started swaying our hips while laughing and being in our own world. I was spaced out for so long I didn't even notice a guy staring at me.

He was beautiful.

He had dark hazel eyes , dark long hair with a purple streak , sculpted eyebrows and baby pink heart shaped lips.

He looked like art. Scratch that , he was art.

I smirked then winked at him , even in this dark room I could still see him blush. what a cutie.

" Girl , he is so fine go talk to him." Kidada said to me

I just laughed in her face.
"I don't think he would be interested."

Kidada just rolled her eyes. " He wouldn't be giving you heart eyes if he wasn't." She said

As soon as "All About Me" by Syd came on , He starts to walk towards me soon as Kidada walked away to go to the bathroom.

"hello." He said to me.
God , his voice was deep and made me feel a way I never did before.

"hey , I saw you looking at me , you ain't slick." I said back.

We both laughed.

"I can't help but look at beauty." He shot back.

" well , im beauty at it's finest , i guess." I said

" ethan."

"what?"

"that's my name." He said

"oh. I'm aaliyah"

"ah - liy -ah?" He tried to pronounce my name.

Girl , when I told you I laughed so hard , I had to clutch my stomach.

He looked so embarrassed but It was one of the cutest things I've ever saw in my life.

" I'm sorry" He said

"It's all good , you aren't the the first person to get it wrong and you won't be the last. It's Ah- lee -yah like Muhammad Ali , the boxer." I said

"Oh , I wish you would have told me that before I made a fool of myself." He said while chuckling.

"It's okay"

For the rest of the night we've got to know each other better and to be honest the more I talked to him, it felt like we've known each other all our lives.

I checked my phone to see what time it was.
12:45am it read.

" hey , I'm gonna go , it's getting late." I said to ethan.

"Well , can I at least get your number?" He asked as I was leaning myself up from the wall.

" of course."

I gave him my number and stared at him.

" white boy."

"What?"

"That's gonna be your nickname. I give everyone nicknames cause it makes me remember them easily." I explained

" Well , can I get another nickname? that's too basic." He said

" you're not special" I said while laughing .

He laughed with me and I swear it was the most precious thing I've seen in all of my life.

"Well , I have to get going" I said while walking away.

" you'll text me , right?" I asked him

" of course ." He replied

" See you later ah-lee-yah."

"See ya white boy" I said back while waving and leaving the house.

Maybe coming out tonight wasn't such a bad idea.