Chapter 1

Third POV

It was 8:00am when Lucy made her way to the guild. When she walked through the door Lucy sighed and went to sit at the table furthest to the back, not being in the mood to be ignored.

'Looks as though it is a normal day.' she thought listening and watching what was going on.

The guild was rowdy, with a brawl happening every so often, with the sound of laughter and the feeling of harmony.

While sitting down, Lucy noticed that her team walking out the door with a request in hand.

"Come along boys! This S-Class quest won't complete itself." Erza stated as she lead Natsu , Happy, and Gray to the train station.

"Aye!!" They exclaimed looking excited for the mission.

Lucy felt her heart break once again.

'Why are they so distant? Everything was fine a couple weeks ago. Did I do something wrong? Should I apologize to them?' Lucy thought lowering her head while feeling the hollow in her heart grow.

Seconds later, one of her newest friends came up to the table.

"What's with the long face bunny girl?" He asked.

Lucy looked up, collecting her facial expression as much as possible.

"The recent usual, my team left on another job without asking Wendy or I to tag along." Lucy stated making Gajeel sigh.

"We're in the same situation then." Gajeel stated

"Levy and Lily aren't speaking with you yet?" Lucy asked, Gajeel nodded

"Yeah, but it's not like I should care. I was always alone because I was raised by a dragon, and then I was truly alone one day because he disappeared. I was a wanderer for years before joining Phantom. I am used to being alone, s-so it doesn't matter if they don't talk to me." Gajeel explained yet for some reason he couldn't help but feel hurt.

Lucy smiled sadly.

"Being alone because of circumstances we cannot control is one thing, being alone because we are being pushed away or ignored is another." Lucy said as she pat Gajeel shoulder trying to comfort him and herself.

The two spoke a while longer before their third member joined the group.

"What have I missed?" He asked with a wide grin his companions repeating his question.

"Missed? Missed?" His babies repeated.

"Nothing much." Lucy said giggling a little as the wooden blocks began to float around her.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you say you had a mission with your group today?" Gajeel asked brow raised.

Bickslow pursed his lips.

"I must've heard wrong." Gajeel said scooting over to give Bickslow room to sit down.

"No, I was supposed to go with them, but then they hit me with the, 'You don't need to be with us 24/7'. Do they think of me as a stray dog that-" Bickslow began venting, though he immediately stopped not feeling ready to reveal that part of his story.

Lucy and Gajeel shared a look, knowing it'd be best to not pry, especially when their friends dolls stayed silent. Bickslow smiled, grateful they didn't pressure him into speaking.