Back At It

Nothing felt better than being able to get out of bed, put normal clothes on and go back to work. The first few day's was tough after being under for so long but I refused to give in to my fatigue and frustration. Due to my bed ridden orders and injury I had gotton a bit out of shape. I started a hardcore workout and diet and I  also spent time on my private gun range to sharpen up on my skills.

I was about to call it a day when I heard I turned and saw Avery standing near by. My first instinct was to scold her for coming here unannounced. Stray bullets and ricochets are possible in these locations. Resting  my gun upon my shoulder I approached her. "Haven't I told you not to come here. It's dangerous".

Rolling her eye's, she totally blew me off. "I'm hungry. Come eat with me".

Wrapping my arm around her waist I led her off. We chose to take our dinner privately outside by the pool. Avery was filling me in on her day. She went back to work recently as well but she worked from home. With Vincent out there I wasn't going to risk it and she agreed. I had a empty room transformed into a classy office for her.

As we was chatting over our salads Tallon interrupted us. "Sorry for the disturbance boss but there's some urgent matters to discuss." I nodded my head indicating for him to continue.

He eyed Avery as if asking if it was okay to discuss business in her presence. It was a golden rule of mine to never discuss business matters in front of her. Not that I didn't trust her, I simply tried to shield her from the cruelties of my work. She was my princess and should be treated as such. "Go on". I said giving Tallon the okay.

If it concerns Vincent I do feel Avery has a right to know. After all, it was her that was kidnapped. "The Harper's contacted us. They've requested a meeting a month from now. However it's to be held in New York at their place of choice".

Nodding my head I said. "Let them know I accept and to e-mail the details".

Tallon nodded and continued. "Now about Vincent. We was recently informed by a loan shark that Vincent is hiding out in a polygamist village in the desert. Supposedly Vincent owes him a large sum of money so he ratted him out".

"Good" I sneered. "Locate this village and we will make our move".

"I've already done so boss. I sent a few men down earlier to assess the situation. They spotted Vincent there and he seems to be alone" Tallon beamed.

Tossing my napkin aside I scooted my chair back. "Then we make our move tonight".

"Severo". Avery gasped in shock.

I held my finger up to her to silence her. Turning my attention back to Tallon I ordered. "Gather the men in my office promptly so we can discuss a plan of action. We leave at midnight".

Tallon nodded and headed off. I then focused back on Avery. "Don't you think your moving too fast Severo?"

"Not fast enough sunshine". I stated.

"But shouldn't you at least wait a few day's  to devise a better plan, something more thought out?" She questioned.

Sighing deeply I spoke in a understanding tone. Almost like I was explaining something to a child. "There's no time to piece together a master plan Avery. Chances are he won't stay there long before he disappears. People on the run never sit still for too long. I need to act before he disappears. Understand?"

Avery nodded her head slowly and I knew she didn't agree but wasn't going to try and turn this into an argument. "I understand Severo".

I rose from my chair and bent to kiss her cheek. "I'm sorry to walkout duiring dinner Ave. I'll come say goodbye before I go. I love you".

Nodding her head once again she mumbled. "Love you too".

I left her out by the pool to finish dinner alone. When I entered my office my men were already there waiting. We quickly looked over a map of the village and put two teams together. Even if he seemed to be alone, it didn't exactly mean he was. Next we got busy loading up on weapons and amo. I also left a rather large team behind at the Hacinda to ensure Avery and Adens safety.  Right before midnight I finally made it to my room to bid Avery goodbye. With one look at her I knew she still wasn't happy about my quick planning. I pulled her into a hug. "I know your upset but I promise this is the best course of action babe".

"Just promise me you'll be careful and call me as soon as it's finished so I know your okay".

"Cross my heart sunshine." We shared a kiss and I left her. I hated causing her worry but at the same time my worry would cease at knowing that Vincent was eliminated.

We reached the outskirts of the village by three in the morning. From there we trekked in on foot as to not alert anyone to our presence. My second team was led by Tallon and they would be entering from the back of the village while we entered from the front. As the home's came into view there was not a single light burning in any of them. This would be the tricky part. We wasn't sure what house Vincent occupied so we would have to  search each home individually. That's where we could run into trouble.

Naturally we would scare the occupants but everyone was under strict instructions not to harm anyone other than Vincent. However some may try to fight us back or alert Vincent. In those circumstances we had no choice but to do what we had to do. I was searching my fourth house and thankfully I had no major issue's thus far. A few crying women and children but nothing more. As I entered my fifth home a gunshot rang out from a few houses down. My radio beeped and Tallon's voice came over the intercom. "We have him and he's on the run. He is armed. He's heading toward the west end of the village".

My head spun around in that direction and using my flashlight I spotted him. Taking off after him I let Tallon know my whereabouts. Vincent had just ran pass the last home and entered the desert. The bastard sailed a bullet in my direction but missed. Taking aim I landed a bullet into his left leg sending him down. I didn't want to kill him right off. No, I had plans to make him suffer. "It's over Vincent". I called out.

"Toss your weapon away from you now". I demanded.

"Fuck you Marettia". He called back.

I watched in the beam of the flashlight as he brought his own gun to his mouth. Looks like I want get my drawn out revenge after all but he wouldn't get the satisfaction of killing himself either. Aiming, I pulled my trigger and sent a bullet through his eye into his brain.

The sun would be rising soon so I had a few men to dispose of the body properly and offered the village people a large sum of money to keep quiet. Once back in the SUV I placed a call to my princess as promised. I could hear the relief in her voice when she heard my voice.