Imprint

*Bella knows about the wolves before hand.*

Bella POV,

I head into Jacob's house, a big smile on my face. I have finally found the guy for me. He's kind, sensitive, and he treats me like I'm ,well, like I'm human. I go into his house quietly, wanting to surprise him. I turn the corner to the hallway were his bedroom is, overflowing with excitement. I walk into his bedroom and see him, kissing Leah. "J-J-Jake!" I stutter out, tears filling my eyes. I've never felt a worse pain than seeing this. Whatever this is or was. 

"Bella! I didn't know you would be coming over." He says, rushing out of bed. I turn around quickly and run outside, my heart racing. I feel so betrayed and hurt. This hurts worse than when Edward left with his family. Edward leaving left me clear and ready to start a new life. This pain is like someone is ripping my heart out of my chest. When I get out the door, I run into Paul, the scariest werewolf. He looks at me with anger. I wince slightly, unsure of what he is going to do.I look up at him and see his pupils change and his posture go from strong to weak. He looks at me protectively, like someone is about to hurt me. He wraps his arm around me as Jake comes out, his face beat red. He seems embarrassed, yet angry at the same time. I should be the embarrassed and angry one. Hell, I am angry and embarrassed. Not him. He deserves to feel like garbage and like he destroyed someone. Because he did. He destroyed me.

"Bella, get away from Paul!" Jake barks. Paul backs me and him up, away from Jake. Fear runs through my body, but I also feel so safe. I want to punch Jake as hard as I can, but I don't want him to shift and hurt me. I also wouldn't want anything to happen to Paul.  "Stay away from Bella, Jacob. You could hurt her. I do not want to have to hurt you for hurting her. You know I would." Paul says, standing in front of me protectively. I have no clue why he is acting like this. He normally hates me and treats me like a vampire. He usually hates me, but now, I do not know how he feels about me. But, I feel this weird, pull to him. I don't know why, but I feel the need to calm him down and hold himI feel someone grab my arm and I see Emily, Sam's fiancee. She drags me into her car quickly, as both Paul and Jake shift and begin to fight. What the hell is going on? I have never been so confused in my life. As Emily buckles and starts the car, I watch Paul snap at Jake, then lunge. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Emily, what the hell happened?" I ask as she drives away. I look back at Jake's house, but we are already too far away from it. My heart hurts to not see Paul. I cannot describe the pain I feel. "Jake and Leah imprinted on each other. Then, when you ran into Paul, he imprinted on you." She says, speeding at least 20 miles per hour over the limit. She has no fear of the police or of crashing, which is slightly scary since neither of us are immortal. But, there are more important matters to think about.

Paul Lahote imprinted on me. Paul. Lahote. Imprinted. On. Me. "So Paul and I are soulmates?" I ask, a ting of happiness in my voice. I already feel that I care and love him. It hurts me to be away from him. I just want to turn back and hug him and tell him Jake isn't worth the energy. "If you accept the imprint, then yes. And honey, you really should. You'll find true happiness, and well Paul is an amazing man. He may be tough and rude on the outside, but, he is actually the most kind hearted man you'll ever meet. But also, he needs you. You're whats keeping him alive now. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will." She says, pulling into her and Sam's driveway. She would know how he is. She takes care of the wolves and she probably has very close friendships with all of them. "You don't need to tell me that, Emily. I already know." I say, smiling brightly. She smiles at me and hugs me quickly.

"Why were you even at Jake's?" I ask, getting out of the car. "I brought Paul over so he could see Jake. He was tired and didn't wan to run. Luckily I was going past his house anyway.  I also needed to get more food for the pack. They eat like pigs. Each week I take one wolf as punishment for eating all the food" She says, laughing and taking out her groceries. I help her bring them in then place them on the table. They really do eat a lot. it's slightly ridiculous.