two

I turned to face Calum and poked his arm.

He hummed in response, momentarily glancing at me before keeping his eyes on the road again. He was probably used to it – more often than not, he hated driving me to places because I would always be a distraction. I’d continuously poke his arm or side and he’d always complain. However, I was sure a large part of him loved it. He loved my attention as much as I loved to pay attention to him. I loved that my inner annoying child could come out with him around.

He continued tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in the beat of the song on the radio. Absentmindedly (or not), he ran through his hand through his hair. He knew that drove me insane. Game on.

He glanced at me again. “Don’t do that,” he whined.

“Do what?” I teased.

That. Looking at me with wide eyes and lips between your teeth.”

"I know. I was doing it on purpose. Or tried to, anyway. You aren’t the only one who can tease, Calum Hood,” I laughed, still staring straight at him as he swerved the car to one side, stopping the car abruptly. “What was that for?”

“You are so goddamn distracting, Kalina Whittemore,” he unbuckled his seatbelt and I knew what was to come next. We maintained eye contact as I unbuckled mine, struggling as I crawled onto him.

He kissed me roughly, making knots in my hair with one hand and grabbing my waist with another. For what seemed like eternity, it felt as if time didn’t matter and the whole world was ours. We were two entirely different people joined by the same intensity, same hunger and same passion shared when we kissed. He moaned softly as I tugged gently at his hair. Slowly, I moved my hand to his zip before his hand stopped me.

“Who even said we were gonna have sex in my car?” With that, he squeezed my sides and started tickling me. Our laughter and my squeals filled our ears and I was sure that if this had taken place at my house, we’d have gotten a noise complaint.

I finally grabbed his wrists, locking them in place. I pecked his lips one more time, feeling him smile against it.

“I win.” I laughed, “Now, drive, loser. My parents are waiting for us.”

-

“So, Calum,” my mum looked up from the piece of meat she was cutting and smiled at him, “Your birthday’s coming soon. What would you like from us?”

He laughed. “I’ve known you my whole life. You guys are like family, your presence is enough.”

“His birthday’s in about three weeks, mum. We’ve got plenty of time to brainstorm,” I said

“No, seriously,” Calum paused to take a sip of water, “Don’t get me anything.”

“Oh god, you’re turning twenty two,” my dad trailed off, putting his chin in his palms, reminiscing, “Remember the day you turned ten? Your parents and sister were over at our place celebrating your birthday and when it was time to open the presents, you literally cried because you got a pack of hot wheels.”

All of us erupted in laughter and my boyfriend’s cheeks turned red. He smiled and laughed along as I placed my hand on his thigh.

“And then Kalina was so worried, she thought you were stung by a bee or something. None of us knew what to do when she cried too!” Kael chipped in. I almost forgot his presence. But that’s Kael for you – quiet and reserved but his presence was more valuable than a thousand Skype and phone calls. He traveled often and it wasn’t uncommon for us to go off without seeing him for more than a month. No amount of catching up over the Internet could make up for his absence.

“Oh my god, let’s not go there,” I buried my face in my hands, “I honestly thought he was going to die, it wasn’t the slightest bit funny.”

“Did you guys hear? Mrs Clifford’s getting engaged next month,” my mum said, breaking the silence as the laughter finally died down.

“Like, Michael’s mum?” Calum asked, “Wait, you meant Ms McAuliffe, right? She invited my parents, sister and I. Did she like, invite the whole town?”

“Right, I forgot,” she paused, “Actually, I think she might have. She invited us too. I didn’t even know she got divorced.”

“Really? I went over to her place and she didn’t hint an invite at all.”

She froze. “Actually… She only stated ‘Kael, Mr and Mrs Whittemore’ in the card… That’s weird. She probably just assumed you’d come along anyway. You were like her second child, there’s absolutely no reason for her to not invite you.”

“Yeah, mum, you know how spiteful she can be. I walked out on her son, remember?” I scoffed. Beside me, Calum tensed up. The topic of Michael was always a sensitive one to him because he knew Michael was my firsts and everyone expected him to be my lasts. And I understood him; I wasn’t particularly the most comfortable when it came to the topic of exes either. But given the circumstances and how things just fell into place, it wasn’t as if they were in my control.

Though we were from the same town, Calum and I only rekindled our friendship in university. Michael, Calum and I were the best of friends. That was until Calum moved away when the both of us were twelve and Michael thirteen. A year after Michael fell into a coma, I enrolled myself in UNSW. Coincidentally, I met Calum there and we had been back to inseparable ever since. Neither of us expected that we’d have a future together but I guess life’s that unpredictable.

“Alright,” my dad said, interrupting my thoughts, “So we’ll all go.”

Can’t wait.

-

hey friends

i'm quite content with this tbh i hope you liked it and idk if you're still confused but i'm guessing you are but everything might or might not be explained soon

and i assure you THIS ISN'T A CALUM FANFIC THE MICHAEL BITS ARE COMING WITHIN THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS I PROMISE but hey i kind of like kalina x calum together they're kinda cute yknow

anacampserote » m.c auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें