Chapter two

My Thursday after-school study date with Rose was drawing near, and I hadn't managed to sit still all day. I loved the phrasing. Study date. Needless to say, I had a small crush on Rose. But Owen didn't like the fact that I was hanging out with her. Ugh, boys are always so possessive. I'm my own person! Even if I wasn't romantically interested in him, and I was more interested in her. On the other side, I saw his jealousy point. Even if his possession point was dumb and outdated.

"Hey! Why don't you ditch that lesbian so we can go get coffee? So you can tell me what colour my tie should be and what we're going to do after the dance." Oh boy. I can't even begin to imagine what is going through his mind.

"Okay, first of all, cut her some slack. It's not horrible to love girls, girls are amazing. You love girls. Second, there is nothing wrong with a black-tie. It goes with everything. Last, I'm only easy for people I know and love. Nice try." Owen looked like I slapped him in the face, but I didn't have time for his fragile male ego. This is why girls are so much easier, they accept that they need to put in some effort first. Besides that, they put in a million times more effort than any guy I have ever gone out with. My conclusion is, girls are amazing. With one last look, I waved Owen goodbye and went to my next class.After school, I went to pick up Rose from her ballet class.

"Hey, girl," I told her when she got in. She shot me a smile, her eyes quickly flicking over me. I may or may not have put in some extra effort to see if she would like it.

"Hi, Sara. Would you mind if I changed at your place before we got started? This," she gestured to her pink tights, black bodysuit, and pink cover-up. 

"Isn't exactly the most comfortable outfit." With her big, poofy winter coat she looked extra small. Cute, but I could see some blue and purple bruises covering her legs right before she covered them with her coat.

"Sure. That'll be fine," I told her. As I drove us to the city centre, she toyed with my radio. Stopping on my preferred channel, she turned the volume to a pleasant five. Then, she leant back and unzipped her coat.

"So what do you want to drink? And how was ballet?" I started a conversation, pretending not to notice the many glances she was throwing at me. My effort worked.

"Lemon with classic tapioca bubbles. What is your order? It was great actually. Do you do any sports?" She replied.

"My fave is honeydew with the tapioca bubbles, I love melon flavours. I'm on the swim team, I thought you knew. Wait, aren't you in the yearbook committee?" We were almost there as I snuck a glance at the girl.

I distinctly remembered her taking our picture in the team swimsuits. Since I had felt confident until I saw her. She had been wearing a beautiful black floral dress and glittery black sneakers. With her hair pulled back, and the camera around her neck, she was the person who took my breath away. She looked like a fairy to me. After all the personal shots and the group photo, we wanted a picture with her too. That picture was the one that made it into last year's yearbook. That was because the picture was lit up with joy.

"Classic. I knew. I took the pictures, Sara. I was just wondering if you do anything outside of the swim team," She spoke. We got out and went into the shop. Her gentle footsteps contrasted mine in my boots, filling my mind with a million thoughts at once. I held the door open for her.

"I do extra trainings with my friends, all of us are trying to get a scholarship but then we have to become better." I smiled at her.

"That sounds awesome. I wish I could get a scholarship in my sport." She said as I drove us home. I smiled, concentrating on the road.

"Wow. Your house is pretty big." Rose said, getting out of my car. I glanced at my home.

"It helps that both my parents are doctors." Of course, my home didn't seem too big to me, but everyone feels that way. I mean, you're used to it. The fact that it was freestanding probably helped. I looked at her, counting her cute freckles.

"You live in an apartment with your mom, right?" I asked as we went inside. As she admired my house, I put away our coats and shoes. Then I led her to my bedroom.

"Yeah. My parents are divorced and my brothers are studying. It's not like this, but it's home." She gestured to my room. I smiled at her and started grabbing my physics supplies. While I closed my blinds, she started peeling off her cover-up. My bed was the perfect place to study so I put everything we'd need there, before sitting down beside it.

In the back of my mind, I wondered if she liked my room. When I glanced at the Korean, I suddenly realised she was half-naked. I could only see her back but wow. Her muscles were defined and her skin looked soft and warm. I couldn't think. At this point, I understood what people meant when they said 'disaster lesbian' even though I am not one. She put on a bra and an oversized sweater, and suddenly turned around, catching me off guard.