Chapter three

I was biting my lip and staring at her when she laid eyes on me. She started smirking, causing me to awaken from my blank stare. Keep it in your pants, Sara."Are you sure you're not at least bi? Because the last person that looked at me like that was my ex-girlfriend." She released her hair from her bun. I was still distracted by the flipping stomach inside me as I attempted to tell her I wasn't sure. That was not a real truth, even so, I was not ready to come out. "Uh... I like looking at people. Girls are attractive, boys are attractive, I like people, but I definitely like boys." Yes, that's how people say words. I watched as she changed her tights into her grey jeans and sat down next to me on my bed. The bright bruises on her legs caught my attention.

"Hey, where'd you get those bruises?" I changed the subject, pinching the skin on my hand. She ran her hands down her legs, before placing them in her lap.

"You don't know what goes on in that building? It's not just ballet. It's a mix of ballet and martial arts, honey." Wow. My eyes traced her muscular arms and I remembered her strong back. Well, that was an explanation. Not that I had given it enough thought to form a hypothesis.

"You just got like, so much more attractive." Oh no, I said that out loud. The amount of stupidity in the room was a lot higher after my remark. Rose raised an eyebrow at me. That action did not help me sort out my feelings either. I pinched the skin of my hand once again, biting the inside of my cheek.

"How attractive am I to you?" She asked, shifting on my bed. I tried to keep my eyes on the physics work and thought about her question. How do you rate attractiveness? And should I be honest? Do I even know what I feel and if I'm okay with it myself?"

Uh.. pretty attractive? Can you just help me with my homework please we can finish this discussion later."

Thankfully she stopped talking about my confusing gay feelings and helped me with my physics homework. Rose was great at helping me with my homework. She was supportive and made me a couple of perfectly colour coded summaries. The only strange thing was the Korean characters on the outline, but she told me it was from an old notebook she had used back when she was learning her mother tongue. I wondered how her notebooks had evolved. I understood the subject a lot better when we finished going through all the material.

"So..." I wanted to get back to the conversation we were having before. However, I was unsure of how to return to the topic. I tucked the books away on my desk and tossed our empty boba cups in the garbage. When I turned back to her, I couldn't stop myself from glancing at her ass as she was looking out my window.

"Who are you going with to the dance?" I asked her. After turning around, I could see her eyes dimming a bit. She obviously had been used to doing everything with her girlfriend. Riley, that had been her name. She had been with Rose for two years for sure. I had seen her at the Junior and Sophomore prom.

"Oh, just my friends. But I still want to look good so it'd be nice if you could help me out with that. Unless you're too busy with Thompson." She was packing her stuff into her bag, but I didn't want her to leave yet. Besides that, I had more questions queued up.

"No I'll definitely help you, I might even be able to drive us both! I'm only going with Owen because he asked first and he's an okay guy." I stumbled to help her pick up her items and almost tripped when she caught me. She winked, before putting me back on my own feet.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm alone tonight." I blurted out. I watched her eyes move to the left. She was thinking about it.

"I mean I could ask my mom, but I didn't think you enjoyed hanging out with me." The words hit me in the gut.

"Uh.. why would you think I didn't like hanging out with you? And please do, I dislike being alone at night. I tend to watch horror movies and then get nowhere because of all the shadows." She slowly put her bag back down and lifted her head.

"You hang out with those popular people that make fun of my sexuality," She said, looking straight into my eyes.

"Maybe I should just ask if I could sleepover." I agreed and she called her mum as I thought about who I hung out with. She was right, but I spent with them because one of my friends was dating one of the jerks. I couldn't help but still be around my friends, I do love them of course. My eyes moved back to Rose's figure. The faded colour of her jeans was distracting to me. My attempt to listen and see if Rose was allowed to stay over proved futile when I heard rapid Korean. Of course, I should have thought about that.

Once again, I regretted not learning an extra language. It would've been helpful in many situations. Not that any of the organisations that offered an extra language were providing Korean, or were possible to fit into my planning. Besides, if I set my mind to it, I could learn another language by myself.