Chapter Three. "Emotional Rollercoaster"

As my eyes scanned the paper that confirmed that Xavier Green was the father of my son, Trey Marshall. I sighed as I read it. Rachel read it with me, and we both stood in my kitchen silent. I was lost for words because I truly hoped that my baby was Rah's son.

"What am I suppose to do?" I sat down, stunned.

"Do not tell Rah this information over the phone, you need to wait til he gets back tomorrow." she said.

"You're right." I spoke as all the blood rushed to my head. "My marriage is over Rachel... its over." I sighed as a few tears rushed to my eyes.

"Don't rush to this conclusion yet, just breathe, Baby." Rachel rubbed my back. I sighed.

"What do I do? How do I explain that to my boys... I feel so stupid. Rah is gonna leave me." I said.

"Tracey, you have been there for Rah through everything. I have seen my brother bring out the best and the worst in you, and I believe that you honestly thought your son was his. If your love is as strong as I believe it is, you will get through this together." She said.

******

"I'm not surprised." Was all Rah had to say when I told him Trey wasn't his son. The way he said it, hurt me because he was emotionless.

"I'm sorry he's not yours, I really am... but I cannot say I love my son any less, or I regret him, because I don't."

"I love my son Tracey, but I don't trust you right now, and I can't lie and say I do."

"You don't trust me because of something I did not know? When you willingly cheated on me and had another child whom I have accepted and loved as though she was mine, Rah! I have never turned my back on you, even when you did me dirty..."

"But when you was wit that nigga, you turned ya back, don't act like you just been loyal all along. You wanted to live lavish, right? No struggle, I mean that's why we together, right? You wanted to use me to get out the hood, you took ya opportunity to get some money."

"I am tired of you holding it over my head that I loved you. Yeah, you gave me some shit, but that doesn't even amount to all your bullshit. I got with Xavier because he showed me something different at first, something legitimate. He did some bad things to me, but he is not a bad person. You can grow to tolerate him, just like I've learned to tolerate Melanie. When you go to Georgia to see your daughter, I trust you. I believe that you're there for you daughter..."

"Man, fuck that nigga. I'm done talking about this." He started grabbing his things.

"You just got in town, stop running from your problems and be man."

"We gon talk later." He walked out of the house.

Later on, Rachel came over my house and surprised me with Melanie and Chanel who were still in town since Rah's party.

"I cannot believe Raheem is treating you this way." Chanel said. My eyes were burning from all my tears and I was just silent listening to all of them. All of the kids were in the play room and were trying to keep things low.

"He needs to realize that this is a marriage, you are not his girlfriend and he cannot just walk in and out when he wants. He can be such a child." Melanie said. I nodded.

"Well how do yall usually make up?" Rachel asked. Me and Melanie both looked at each other and bust out laughing.

"Sex, sex, sex, and some more sex." Melanie spoke for me. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Well, tonight you needa handle ya business. Make em think it'll be all good." Rachel said.

"Yeah, we can watch the kids for you. Make him remember why he married you." Chanel said to me. I blushed.

"Okay. I got it, let me go pack a bag for the boys." I said.

*******

Rah came home that night to dinner and me in a corset. I was walking around in my louboutins and I just knew he was going to be happy and our marriage would be back on track.

"Hey Baby." I kissed him briefly, he did not really budge, but I ignored it.

"What's all this?" He asked me, staring at the meal I prepared.

"I just want you to eat and we can talk, then we can you know..." I flirted.

"I'm tired, and I got shit to do tomorrow and..."

"Rah, just hear me out, give me a chance."

"Aiight." He sat down and picked up a fork to start eating.

"So Bae, you wanna do it out here or in the living room or our room, whatever you want." I spoke slyly as he ate he was staring at my body and I knew he was ready.

"I thought we was talkin?"

"We can talk later, I just want us to connect first..." I spoke as I kissed on his neck.

"Tracey..." He spoke weakly, I know Rah, I know all his spots. He can't resist me, or so I thought.

"Baby just let me..." I grabbed for him and he pushed me off. I felt rejected, embarrassed, humiliated, the list goes on. "Rah what is happening to us? You have never rejected me before."

"I said I was tired." he got up and walked to the guest room. I went to sleep in our bed, alone. I was confused and sad.

The next morning at work, I was on the phone with Rachel, chopping it up.

"He loves you Tracey." She said.

"Not anymore, he's doing something, hiding something. I don't know what it is." I said.

"Don't get paranoid." She said.

"Its not paranoia, I know my man. Rah would never reject me!" I silently yelled. I was in the break room and I did not want anyone in my business. "You know what, lets not talk about this right now, I am at work and I don't wanna be stressed."

"Well, I have good news."

"Ok.."

"Cash and I are getting remarried! In two months!" She said. I shrieked

"OMG, that is great news. We gotta plan this new wedding, I cannot wait." Tara walked into the break room, we needed to talk about her boyfriend's meeting with Rah.

"I know right. I am excited." Rachel said.

"Look, Ima call you back, I gotta talk to tara real fast." I said. We hung up.

"Hey bish!!!" She hugged me. I gave her a weak smile.

"How was the meeting?" I asked.

"It was great; he said Jamal seemed like a good business partner. Cash was there too, oh and the lady who does his dreads." Tara informed me. The lady who did Rah's dreads for him was an older woman named Yvette who used to be friends with his mother when she was alive. He told me she had done them since he first got them as a teenager.

"Oh, Ms Yvette, I love her." I said.

"No, it was a lady named Keita." She spoke. My heart sank at the thought of Rah being around Kim's sister. She was a cosmetologist, but after me and her fighting years back, I cut off all ties with her, and I assumed Rah had as well. I knew for a fact she was not the woman who did his dreads. Why was she even at his car shop where they held the meetings?

"That bitch!" I spat, not even thinking about my words. I quickly explained to my boss that I needed to go see about my husband and that It was an emergency, I rushed home to find something incriminating. I needed facts to prove my suspicion.

I walked into Rah's office that he had in our home. I never went in there, I always respected his privacy about business. He always said the less I knew about what he did, the better off I was. I opened up the drawers of his desk and filed through papers, I couldn't find anything though. They were mainly files about our house and his numerous businesses. Suddenly, I stumbled on a lease agreement. It was for an apartment that I did not even know Rah had. Why was he keeping an apartment? Anger came over me. I dialed Rah fast.

"Hello?" He answered with his same attitude from the previous night.

"So you still got a apartment on the side?! For what?!!!! And you still fuckin that bitch Keita, ain't you?!" I screamed into the phone.