The Start of Something Amazing

You had your overnight bag all packed up. You were so flattered that Brendon had asked you to come hang out with him and the guys. Having a "sleepover" was like a throwback to middle school slumber parties but hey, sleeping in the same house as Brendon Urie? You had zero complaints.

You ring the doorbell and are greeted by Brendon, and of course Penny Lane and Bogart.

"Hey Y/n!" He gives you a big hug. "How are you?" He asks you mid squeeze. You pull away and he keeps his hands on your shoulders.

"Hey Brendon! I'm great, how are you doing?" You say, unable to contain your smile.

"Good, good," He wraps an arm around your shoulder and starts to guide you down the hallway. "You can drop your stuff anywhere. Full disclosure, everything you own will probably be covered in dog hair by the time you leave."

You giggle, putting your duffel bag down. As you enter the living room, Dallon, Ken and Dan all greet you in unison.

"Y/n!" the chorus exclaims. Have you ever been in a room with so many attractive men? Gees.

"Hey guys!" You give them a shy but enthusiastic wave as you plop down on the couch next to Dallon as Brendon joins you. It's like a Y/n sandwich... A very hot Y/n sandwich. Ken reaches behind him to grab a beer from the cooler and it's passed over to you.

"Thank you," you said melodically, twisting off the cap. Damn, you felt so cool.

It's not long before you're all hanging out comfortably, chatting, the alcohol heating your throat. Penny cuddled in your lap.

"Wow, she really likes you!" Brendon remarks at one point. You are officially Penny-approved.

Hanging out with them is just so easy. Brendon is most definitely the life of the party, he has everyone dying laughing.

The boys pick up their instruments for a casual "jam session" as they like to put it.

"Do you play anything, Y/n?" Brendon asks. Do you lie? Or do you tell him about how your life revolves around singing? God, you practically were born singing. It's the only thing you can imagine yourself doing, and it's the one thing you truly love to do.

"Not really," You reply. It's technically not a lie.

"Aw come on, weren't you at least forced to play an instrument when you were little?" Brendon teases. Your eyes grow wide with embarrassment.

"Oh god," you reminisce while rolling your eyes, "The flute." You practically shudder.

"Was it that bad?" Dallon asked with a chuckle.

"Um YES," you stated with sass, "It was I-passed-out-in-the-middle-of-band-class bad." You had the boys' full attention, so clearly you had to elaborate. "I couldn't get that thing to make a sound, but I would try so hard. During rehearsal one day, I tried so hard that I actually passed out in front of my entire class."

You were laughing. The boys were laughing. You just admitted your great musical failure to some of the best musicians in the country. Your cheeks were rosy with a mix of embarrassment and joy.

"It was the worst," you concluded with a giggle.

Once everyone had gathered themselves together, they began to talk about what to play. They decided to start with some panic stuff. Victorious was up first. You mock-drummed on Penny, who seemed to enjoy the bizarre belly rub. You were mesmerized by Brendon. The sound of his voice, the shape of his lips, the way his hair would flip while he played... You try not to stare, but my god, what a beautiful human. When they finished, they looked up and gave each other proud smiles.