Next Level

Maggie's POV

"Okay, we need a new plan," Alex said first thing in the morning. I hadn't even properly woken up yet but she was already trying to think of how we can escape this quarantine. "I think the best plan we had was to go undercover but that will take longer than just waiting."

"Can't we just wait? Wait and relax?" I rolled over so I was laying half on top of her and half on the bed. I played with her 'House of El' necklace as she stayed silent. "I take that as a 'no' then?"

"Maggie, we have to get out of here soon. God knows what might happen in National City without you and me to keep things in order." I could tell she was only half being serious. I scoffed and rolled back to my side. "Kara needs me. J'onn called and said she lost her powers and none of them apart from her know how."

"Then you and I will figure out a plan but for now, let's just lay here for a while." She nodded and pulled me back over to her, kissing me on the forehead and smirking at me. "Alex, I have done it a thousand times already. Don't you think we need to shake it up a bit?"

"Then do something different. Surprise me." She shrugged and giggled. I smiled and followed her orders, pulling down the sheets and following her orders.

"Maggie? Where did you go?" I heard Alex's tired voice from the kitchen. I grabbed a few pancakes and threw them on a plate, quickly running over to the table and putting the plate down before Alex could come out. She looked stunned at all of the decoration I had set out, keeping her mouth open and her eyes wide while she sat on the chair I was motioning at.

"Happy Birthday, Mrs Danvers," I stated.

"It's my birthday?"

"How the hell could you forget?"

"Probably the same way Kara forgot about Earth Birthday. All of this stuff going on, it seems like Birthdays are the least of our worries."

"Well, I have a plan. But I am not going to tell you until you eat your pancakes and relax a little. Enjoy your birthday and calm down, Kara and Lena will both be fine when we get back." I walked back over to the kitchen and grabbed myself some of the pancake off-cuts.

"I hope so."

Kara's POV

"It's Alex's birthday today," I told J'onn, who clenched his jaw and looked down. I picked up another potsticker from the coffee table and looked back at the Martian sitting on my couch. He looked guilty, so I asked the question. "J'onn, what did you do?"

"I told her about you and Lena. Also about your powers."

"How could you? Alex doesn't need more stress right now, escaping a government quarantine is enough, let alone her knowing about Lena and me. She is going to freak, J'onn!"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't keep this from your sister! She deserved to know. You won't even tell us how you lost your powers in the first place."

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it matters. Three days without your powers and you won't give us even a clue as to how you lost them?"

"Because I don't know!" I yelled, making him jump and then silence as the realisation caught up with him. I watched him stand and walk over to me. A tear fell down my cheek and I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the look of disappointment on his face. "I don't... know."

"You may be invulnerable to my mind reading but I can still see it on your face. You are scared that I am angry or disappointed." I nodded while he hugged me. I let the tears stream out of my eyes while I leant into J'onn. Not having my powers was easily handled but having been betrayed by Lena, I couldn't hold it in any longer. We both jumped and I wipe away my tears when a knock came from my door.

Lena's POV

I knocked on Kara's door, hoping that she wasn't home. I had convinced myself to keep playing this charade until I actually saw my mother. It would be easier to convince Kara that it was all fake after killing Lillian than to try now.

"One sec!" I heard the voice I had dreaded come from inside, followed by some shuffling and then the door opening. "Lena!" She exclaimed.

"Hi. I just need to talk to you about Lill... Mother."

"You're back to calling her 'Mother'?"

"Yes. I have decided that she is right." I tried not to let her see the doubt in my own mind. Her eyes went from confused to angry and then back to her blank stare that she had after Alex supposedly died. "Please say something."

"What is there to say? You are exactly who I hoped you were never going to be. I won't bring the name 'Luthor' into this but didn't you want to have a name outside your family? Wasn't the point of building L-Corp..."

"Well, I was wrong. It's not that I want you and all aliens dead or anything but she has great points."

"I'm sorry but that's the opposite of things you have told me in the past. Is everything that you have said a lie?"

"Not everything. The things about our love, that was all real." I stepped closer to her, trying not to completely push her away, metaphorically. She ended up pushing me away literally and then slamming the door in my face.